Control Arms

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sanitarium16, Apr 7, 2007.

1. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

I need more traction BADLY. I cant launch without spinning the tires and having the rear slide out on me. I have the stock suspension but wanted to get upper and lower control arms to help this problem. I am torn between the ford racing upper and lower control arms and the maximum motorsports lower control arms. Can the ford racing upper control arm be used with the MM lower? I was thinking of eventually going with KYB shocks and struts and Steeda lowering springs but a full suspension is out of my budget right now. Will the control arms help me?

2. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

I'd like to do control arms too. What tires are you running on? I use to burn the hell out of my stock Gatorbacks and then my Kumhos but these GS-D3s are sticky as hell.

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Yes they will. and you picked the best combo, ford racing uppers and MM lowers FTW!
    that will be the best help to your rear suspension short of adding a panhard rod.

4. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

Im running Fuzion 275/40/17 in the backs. They work but my stock suspension is killing me

5. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

I recently bought some BBK upper and lowers, not the most expensive, and none adjustable, but even i can feel a difference.
    Must admit i love the grease nipples on the aftermarket parts, something you never see here anymore. :(

6. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

8)

7. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

ANYTHING is better than stock. Even MAC....