Convertable help!

HornetHarris

Reaction score
If this is the wrong place to post this, let me know. First time here.

Anyhow, I have a 94 GT 5.0 Convertible. Convertible seals are completely torched. Includes the rear quarter windows as well. Can someone recommend a source to find new seals? I can find them used (odd, so are mine and they suck) but nothing new. As much as these cars have a following, I'm positive some company is out there that produces them. I'm not having any luck finding them. Ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Moved to exterior & interior.

The section you posted in is for engine specific questions only.
Unfortunately, I can't help you since I have no know of verts. Hopefully you will get a response shortly in this section.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Hey Hornet....You mean..The Weather Seals?..If so..Go to Rockauto.com.. They are also one of Sponsors on our site.

OP
OP
H

HornetHarris

Reaction score
Thanks for moving this post, Orange 94! I see now where I goofed on where to post. My mistake.

GMSMOKR - Boy, I forget the fast array of things you can source there. HOWEVER, the only thing they had was a complete convertible kit, without the seals. Just the top and associated hardware. I DID find everything else that I wanted. So, leaves just the seals now. Thanks for the help!!

My hunt continues...

heffe2001

Reaction score
You can get the parts that attach to the roof from Late Model Restoration: (http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...vertible weatherstrip&vehicle=1994-04-Mustang)

If you're wanting the part that goes from the A-pillars up, and around the top of the windshield, good luck. Apparently something in the design changed in '01, and Ford stopped selling the older ones, and the new ones don't fit anything '00 and back. Been looking for one for my '00 since I bought it, mine still seals, just looks like it's on it's last legs.. I've thought about getting a newer seal, and seeing if I can figure out how to make it work..

CJ Pony Parts sells a kit for 01-04's, I wonder just how much different the seals are, and if they actually WILL fit our cars? (http://www.cjponyparts.com/weatherstrip-kit-convertible-2001-2004/p/WSCT7/)

samc

Reaction score
I got a used set from a wrecking yard that were in pretty good shape; no cuts or tears, just fine. Cost me $75 for the set of 6. Of course, that was for an 01, but...

heffe2001

Reaction score
I got a used set from a wrecking yard that were in pretty good shape; no cuts or tears, just fine. Cost me $75 for the set of 6. Of course, that was for an 01, but...
I'd still like to know what the difference is between a 94-00 and an 01-04 seal set. The seals on the top mech I'm betting are the same, as LMR sells them for 94-04 on some of them for one side, and 01-04 for the other side, same piece. There's a comment on the 01-04 windshield set about one for a 94-01, and someone at LMR said one of their suppliers are looking into making a repro piece, but no other news on it.. IF anybody happens to get the 01-04 and have an earlier model, I'd love to see pictures of the difference between the two.

Also, the CJPony parts listing shows that it's for a 9/18/00 and later car, mine's a 7/00, from the pictures posted on both listings, mine LOOKS identical...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online