Convertible Latch Pins

joebrez

Reaction score
I have a 94' GT, and as of late, the Latch pins for the top don't line up perfectly anymore. I tried the adjustment cam bolts, but they didn't help much at all. They seem to need to come forward an additional 1/4 - 1/2 inch more. I can manually get it close enough to latch, but just seems to be a lot more effort than it was in the past.

I do keep the top down most of the time, so I'm wondering if that is causing it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I have a 94' GT, and as of late, the Latch pins for the top don't line up perfectly anymore. I tried the adjustment cam bolts, but they didn't help much at all. They seem to need to come forward an additional 1/4 - 1/2 inch more. I can manually get it close enough to latch, but just seems to be a lot more effort than it was in the past.

I do keep the top down most of the time, so I'm wondering if that is causing it.

Ive known about a dozen guys with convertibles and none of them lined themselves up. You put it up and push it forward to get it in the pin holes. Maybe try leaving it up in the sun for a few days, see if it stretches out any.

OP
OP
J

joebrez

Reaction score
Ive known about a dozen guys with convertibles and none of them lined themselves up. You put it up and push it forward to get it in the pin holes. Maybe try leaving it up in the sun for a few days, see if it stretches out any.

Thanks. It truly isn't a huge deal since it's not up all that often. I just found it odd that all of the sudden it just didn't line up right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online