Convertible poll

How often do you drop the top?

• The top goes up?

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • If it's not raining or freezing the top is down.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Sometimes up, sometimes down. Depends on mood.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Top down on special occassions.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I only bought a convertible for the added resale value. Wouldn't want to wear out the mechanism.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Someone once told me the way you can tell the difference between a tourist and a local in Florida is that a tourist will drive their hired convertible with the top down whereas a local will keep the top up...

Don't know how true that is though!

TMW

92wastheyear

Reaction score
Your comment and declaration are offensive to me! Rarely would I post a reaction like THIS but your snide, smiley faced BULLSHIT
is a detriment to this forum! Just who appointed you as the arbiter of what happened and what did not happen? Anyone can post a photo of a car but that is not evidence of ownership! From now on, if you see a post from me, just skip it because I am sick of your BULLSHIT!
My sincere apologies to those who are not involved.
Is this a serious comment?

92wastheyear

Reaction score
Yes. I was very serious.
Well, ok. It seems to be a bit of an overreaction to a very common and innocuous internet trope (requesting photographic evidence for an outlandish claim) which was immediately negated by the winky face (in essence saying instead, that your claim wasnt outlandish and you dont have to provide pics.)

All of the above was provided under the idea that nothing is funnier than explaining a joke to someone in excruciating detail

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Your comment and declaration are offensive to me! Rarely would I post a reaction like THIS but your snide, smiley faced BULLSHIT
is a detriment to this forum! Just who appointed you as the arbiter of what happened and what did not happen? Anyone can post a photo of a car but that is not evidence of ownership! From now on, if you see a post from me, just skip it because I am sick of your BULLSHIT!
My sincere apologies to those who are not involved.
DUDE I just wanted to see pics of the sweet old jag calm the FFFF down :) and I will try to remember to keep my smileys away from you but I am not even going to apologize. Your still kinda new here but new enough to know we are not the group that would attack someone. No big deal, just a misunderstanding. It happens here from time to time

Last edited:

Segi62

Reaction score
I had to sell my AFR HCI 3:73 Tremec modded 94 coupe years ago after getting sick and not being able to work. Things got better thankfully and I brought a 95 Rio Red convertible to recoup my loss that I added less expensive mods to and had to fix the window motors and hydraulic pump lines. Moved to Arizona and drove with the top down through the hills and mountains and loved it. However in the summer when it's 110 or when the wind gusts are blasting at 40 to 60 mph is no mucho fun. I'm 50 miles from the GC and see many tourists with the top down on their rentals, they no doubt go home with wind and sunburns.

Ronnied

Reaction score
WOW OPGT, I thought it was just kind of a joke..anyways not my business. I didn't set out for a vert, it simply found me. I had an 83 GT and the top stayed down, even with that burgandy vinyl interior. I plan to use with the top down as much as possible but with our 100 degree days I may opt for the top up air on occasionally.

Makoto

Reaction score
I didn’t know convertibles sold for more. I always thought they were valued lower because of the problems that come with them.

and they're ugly. autos and verts are generally value killers for sports cars.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
see now I would do a hard top, targa or again T-tops in a second. I am sure there are some people here that remember that guy that was doing the sn95 targa modifications? I remember hearing and seeing some pics but it has been a minute since I have. Did they just end up folding in half I wonder? I always thought they looked cool when done right.

Buffalo5Spd

Reaction score
Ok, maybe T-Tops. I didn’t buy this one for speed though. I’ve got one with brembo’s for that. I looked for a vert for a while. Not specifically a Mustang but I couldn’t pass up this one.

Attachments

• BDDE97B2-3288-4BBD-9F32-F6010E347E36.jpeg
    BDDE97B2-3288-4BBD-9F32-F6010E347E36.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 6
  • 80ED887D-8E46-4EA7-A982-F7013B546DD5.jpeg
    80ED887D-8E46-4EA7-A982-F7013B546DD5.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 87FF0900-9795-4133-BEDA-9BFFF0D0F788.jpeg
    87FF0900-9795-4133-BEDA-9BFFF0D0F788.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 6

badass98svt

Reaction score
see now I would do a hard top, targa or again T-tops in a second. I am sure there are some people here that remember that guy that was doing the sn95 targa modifications? I remember hearing and seeing some pics but it has been a minute since I have. Did they just end up folding in half I wonder? I always thought they looked cool when done right.
Yes I definitely remember the targa top
kit. I also remember the kit that gave you Foxbody the T-Bird nose/lights. (Suncoast or something like that was the company I think).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online