Convertible top and quarter window seals

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yea those cables that hook around the mounting studs for the side scoops are fucking terrible!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That's it. Helps to put silicone spray or PFTE spray or equivalent on the bottom part of it where it rubs against the metal trim on the rear quarter panel / rear window belt line. What they would call a dry lubricant that doesn't gunk up and make things look ugly. Might event be able to put a strip of felt tape on the metal parts. I've seen people put electrical tape there but it looks like ass.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
That's it. Helps to put silicone spray or PFTE spray or equivalent on the bottom part of it where it rubs against the metal trim on the rear quarter panel / rear window belt line. What they would call a dry lubricant that doesn't gunk up and make things look ugly. Might event be able to put a strip of felt tape on the metal parts. I've seen people put electrical tape there but it looks like ass.
I have used those ptfe dry lubes before, thats a good idea. Silicone is also another great suggestion. I'll probably redo the seals along the top, the pass. Quarter glass seems loose to whatever it mounts to. So I will need to dig into there and address that and possibly add new lower seals there. Have the backseat out. Trim panel and speaker off on the pass. Side. A little more digging and I will find the truth. Hopefully I will locate the drain and clean it out. The floor under the seat had some beach sand in it.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Might as well replace the pads too. They wear out every time the top is not down and those taught cables rest on them to protect everything from the cables. Trust me, they're beat up and need replacement.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
Might as well replace the pads too. They wear out every time the top is not down and those taught cables rest on them to protect everything from the cables. Trust me, they're beat up and need replacement.
Where does one find those pads? Shopping convertible top parts is seemingly more difficult than piecing together the parts for the heads/cams v10 build

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I think I got mine a few years ago from one of the resto sites. LMR, AM, CJ, etc. THey're out there, just gotta hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online