Converting to fox body throttle setup?

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
I have read converting to Foxbody throttle cable helps a ton for throttle response in SN95 cars. Is there any truth to this? I would like to do it to my 94 GT, but if the results are only mediocre I don't think I'll waste my time. Anyone know for sure?

RichV

Reaction score
Just a fox throttle cable? No.

The fox upper with t/b on a SN, stock for stock, also no.

Don't waste your time.

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
So there aren't really any upgrades for throttle response, are there. Go ahead and say it, a new high performance built engine lol

Suspect

Reaction score
I did it cuz it looks better.. but main reason was to get a 90mm tb on there. you have more options. not going to find a good tb with that elbow there.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
There is no difference in throttle response. It is done to allow the use of Fox TBs and such.

shoua50

Reaction score
Do the swap dude. That way you'll have a whole lot more options as far as throttlebody goes. 94 and 95 models are limited to 75mm max size. I've done the swap and i am using an Accufab 90mm on mine. You will need fox body throttle cable and bracket, check Lokar if u can't find one. you might have to delete your EGR and use a 3/8 spacer, i got mine from Accufab, u need the spacer cause it has the bolt holes for throttle bracket to bolt to, Accufab makes two different sizes- 2 inch and 3/8 inch. I used 3/8 because it gave me more room for supercharger piping. NOTE- cruise cable will not work unless u can change the cable to fox body cable. No difference in throttle response just more to choose from.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
So there aren't really any upgrades for throttle response, are there. Go ahead and say it, a new high performance built engine lol
Your old 94/95 throttle cable may have excess slack in it, buying a new OEM cable may help with throttle response. As far as being able to run a larger throttle body than a 75mm, it isn't needed unless you have a race car.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've got a accufab 90mm fox conversion as well

SVOmustangkidd

Reaction score
I have a fox cobra intake on my 95. change over the throttle cable and everything works fine. as far as throttle response, it's a minuscule difference if any at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online