Cool 2 tone chop!

mustangluver9881

Reaction score
I think that two toned paint jobs are one of those that they either look REALLY good or they look REALLY bad! Bill84Vert's stang looks wicked! :) I love the colors! !

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
who had that yellow and black vert? was it that blackdiamond guy? iono but that thing was one of the nicest verts ive seen.

Not sure which u mean, blackdimaond has a 99 stang.

LR98Snake said:
I ran into a guy that had his gt done that way and damn it looked retarded good. I have seriously been considering 2 tone for the last few months. Black on top running with the body line then keeping the laser red on the bottom. Still need to get my hands on a s281 spoiler. Now I need to get this cobra R hood off and get the factory cobra hood bezels and grills so I can put the factory hood back on. Bill your car is SEX man, seriously.

I want to do it too. Here are some chops I did a while ago deciding on the style.

I would go Metallic Black top (possibly with a bit of red pearl) with a fresh laser red bottom, possibly instead of laser red House of Kolor Candy Apple Red with silver base and metallics (so it looks like the saleen lipstik red...sexest red ever!). Also to seperate the colors probaly a simple silver pinstripe.

AS IS...RED:
redsmall.jpg

BLACK:
blacksmall.jpg

BLACK ROOF LINE:
blackroofsmall.jpg

blackroof.jpg

BLACK BODY LINE:
blacktopsmall.jpg

blackbody.jpg

RED BODY LINE
redtopsmall.jpg

BLACK ROOF & COWL
blackroofhoodsmall.jpg

blackroofcowl.jpg

Black Roof, Cowl, Wing
blackroofcowlwing.jpg

Imo I like the black body line prob the best, and I like black roof line looks kinda cool with the cowl black too.

OP
OP
N

Nacho

Reaction score
Yep, the black body line does look best. Now, what is that saleen red called or composed of? I want a kick ass red for my car that doesn't look orangey.

ripper

Reaction score
I was thinkin of havin some ghost flames put around the fenderwells. Can anyone do that in photoshop so i can see what it would look like? Or mabe just the hood. Nuthin crazy just some small stuff.

ripper

Reaction score
Its software for photos. A program you can do things to pics with. Like add flames lol.

Hicks

Reaction score
is it already on computers? i got a new one...

or do you have to buy it?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
buy it heh, download it, limewire or torrents will do the trick.

Lizstick red is awesome, its the color that was on the saleen in fast and the ferious 2.

Here are some pics:
0308mm_hollywood07_z.jpg

0308mm_hollywoodweb07_z.jpg

DSC00024.JPG

Saleen_S7_11.JPG

saleen_s7-red.jpg

Now I know if I do the house of kolor candy apple with silver base it will come out similar, keep in mind saleen charges somthing stupid like 20K ontop for this paint color, super rare on mustangs, Saleen S7 color.

L

LR98Snake

2 things, Matt I'm stealing those photo's to show to my painter and I think that was a burillium* saleen. Only 2 ever made.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
what a ugly color i see why they ran it over in 2 fast 2 ferious :puke:

im just playing but no color is worth 20k JMO!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no thats lizstick red, you cant get the paint code, lots have tried, impossible.

as I said the closest is house of color candy apple red with a silver base coat. im sure your painter will agree if you mention this.

L

LR98Snake

I was thinking that the saleen was beryllium from 2 fast 2 furious. There is no doubt that the red, in your color combo, is HOC paint.

See example of beryllium

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
N

Nacho

Reaction score
The berilyum is more orange. There are some pics of it floating around. Mike (oink) painted his new edge stang that same color.

Matt, thanks for the pics and info but that red is too dark for my likings. O0

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
bluextc said:
lr.jpg

Customizing FTW! lol

As for 2 tone, I think it can look great, if done correctly (red and black looks great, but clashes with white graphics...)

YO SH1T THET RYDE IS HOTT Y0 DAYUM! IS THAT SHET 4 S4ALE DAWG?!! I GOTSTA BYE THA WUN!!? :hitit: :khobra:

WTF is that :D

voidfinger

Reaction score
Man i love the two tone black body line. Only car i ever liked with the roof line is a white cobra with black roof line and black rims with crome lip. Looks good though man.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i may do the black roof on my DFG, once i get the new shop built :dancing6:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nacho said:
The berilyum is more orange. There are some pics of it floating around. Mike (oink) painted his new edge stang that same color.

Matt, thanks for the pics and info but that red is too dark for my likings. O0

Reason I like that color is it will match lots of my car close enough to not have to paint the truck etc. Ill prob still paint the engine bay and doors of coruse, but even people that repaint their car a diffrent color the trunk and hidden paint parts would still piss me off haha, thats the way I am so I think it would be a good color for me, similar to laser red.

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
IMO the two tone looks best light and dark (silver/black) on a hard top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online