Coolant leaking our od radiator cap

amf201091

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So no coolant problems in every day use but TWICE now at a track night's event, my coolant has spewed significantly out my radiator cap. This is usually at the end of the session when the vehicle comes to a slow down to leave the track.. I replaced the coolant cap with another 16 psi one from auto zone the first time but I'm still experiencing the same thing. The only thing I can think of besides another "bad cap" is that I need to increase the psi rating now that I'm running a mishimoto radiator? Thoughts?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
the fan is working and how long dose it stay on for , it should stay on till it cools somewhat

OP
OP
amf201091

amf201091

Reaction score
Yeah fan and everything come on fine. I daily this car somewhat. It holds temp. Just when I'm racing it heats up a bit and when I slow down it begins to spew out everywhere... the first time I spun out at a turn and it began spewing. The second time I was coming in to pit and it began spewing again (new radiator cap, ozone special 16psi). Does having a bigger radiator warrant a different cap?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
try water wetter pink stuff in a bottle read the directions for use
it dose work it will cool off by 15 to 20 degrees

07GtS197

Reaction score
My old 00 Gt used to do that too but I never figured it out. Have you checked the actual temp? Remember the cooling fan only comes on under a certain speed. Also there are two fan speeds. Turn the car on and turn the ac on full blast. The high speed fan will turn on. One speed could be not working.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
since it is happening when you are moving do you know if you still have the plastic air deflector under the core support? Its there to help suck the hot air out from under the car/rad area and often comes off for one reason or another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online