coolant sensor

98vortech

Reaction score
i just had a bung welded into the T-stat housing and now i am throwing a code that is engine tep high input???any ideas why? scarface and help would be great...lol

S

scarface

Im not sure why that is? Do you have the correct sensor in the hole? Im on AIM. "superflid"

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
i dont have aim...lol but would a bad sensor be the problem because the sensors look the exact same.

S

scarface

98vortech said:
i dont have aim...lol but would a bad sensor be the problem because the sensors look the exact same.
do you Yahoo? Could be a bad sensor, are you sure you have the Temp sensor in the bung and not the ECU's sensor? There is no reason that you would get that code if you didnt have it before? Nothing has changed right?

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
so you have the ecu sensonr in the manifold and the gauge sensor in the bung? and wat do you mean nothing has changed?

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
travispics174.jpg

this is wat mine looks like. anything wrong with it..on mine the entire probe is not all the way in for coolant to pass over the sensor.

S

scarface

You do know it isnt plugged in right? thats the only thing I see that isnt right.

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
yea i new that i un plugged it because it was makin it do some funky things..

S

scarface

If if was doing anything other than controling the gauge, you either have the wrong sensor in there, or you have other issues....

S

scarface

I think you have the sensors backwards...I had to extend the wires to get mine to reach the new sensor location.

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
i did that also...i am going to swich the sensors around and se wat happens. thx for your help scarface!!!! :banana: :pimp2:

S

scarface

Maybe you didnt get the wires connected well after you extended them? or maybe you put the wires backwards???

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
true...on the ecm sensor do you have that one on the bung??and i did forget wich wire went to wich wire on the connector on the ecm sensor..they seem to both be green with a red stripe coming off the harness...how are they on your car?

S

scarface

I have the temp sensor in the bung. I cant remember which color the wires were, and I cant look because I taped the whole harness back up to look stock...sorry :(

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
well crap...thanks for all your help tho...if for some reason you take the tape off let me know...thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online