Coolant Temp sensor?

313blkstang

Reaction score
Ok my car temp gauge has been going over to L and past for a while now. So yesterday I went and had the radiator flushed, a new water pump installed etc and it was still doing it.. but then we noticed that although the temp gauge was all the way on L, when we removed the radiator cap the antifreeze didn't come squirting out and we were actually able to stick our fingers in it without getting burned.. Now if it was really hot enough to be on the L wouldn't it have burned the hell out of our fingers? So I put on a new temp coolant sensor, but now the damn temp gauge stays on C and never moves.. if I put the old one back on and let the car run for like ten minutes it shoots back over to the L... this is confusing to me.. Judging by the actual temp of the coolant versus the reading on the gauge the car can't be overheating... Any thoughts? Why would the new sensor not move the temp gauge?

S

scarface

you might want to invest in a mechanical aftermarket gauge.

S

scarface

are you sure they gave you the correct one...the one for the ECU looks similar?

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
I looks just like the old one... I know there are two on the aluminum crossover.. one turns on the fan I believe and the other is the temp gauge right? it looks like the temp gauge one.. I'll go to Murrays auto and ask to see one to see if it is really the same..

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mine did that, pegged the gauge, I totally freaked out. I changed both sender's, and it still hasn't worked since. I have an Autometer in the dash now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online