Cooling fan/ fans

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Alright fellas having cooling issues. Problem is ,I have a v2 supercharged 347 out of a fox body. Utilizing pass side fox pulleys plus crank, drivers side sn95 pulleys. OEM fan wont fit , so I'm looking for options on duel setups and any help will be greatly appreciated. instasize_210410224500.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have the same vortech and had the same problem hitting the supercharger pulley. I couldn't see any systems that looked significantly thinner so I ended up moving the condenser and the rad up closer in the core support and went with a mishimoto fan/shroud that was just a little thinner than the stocker.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
where did ya get that hard, bent coolant hose in the middle? I need one of them... Yours looks like there is more space than I had. Any chance if you just modify the upper rad mounts to pull it in a little bit that it would fit? Not sure what the timeline is as it might take a few days to get the parts in you hope fit or a couple of hours to modify what you have.

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
where did ya get that hard, bent coolant hose in the middle? I need one of them... Yours looks like there is more space than I had. Any chance if you just modify the upper rad mounts to pull it in a little bit that it would fit? Not sure what the timeline is as it might take a few days to get the parts in you hope fit or a couple of hours to modify what you have.
No time limits but death lol. I actually just reversed fan polarity and so far so good. Will need another small 7 inch fan for low speed .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
why would you want the fan to run backwards? I saw the wires you have going between it and was hoping that was not going to stay that way?

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
why would you want the fan to run backwards? I saw the wires you have going between it and was hoping that was not going to stay that way?
It was not cooling . So I put it back how it was . Ordered a 7 inch for low speed. Hopefully itll be ok . It was hooked up backwards I'm guessing

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing, you intentionally wired the fan backwards because it was not cooling when running forwards?

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing, you intentionally wired the fan backwards because it was not cooling when running forwards?
Someone reversed it and I didn't know. Working now

Subtlebeast

Reaction score
I am running a sn95 fan and the wiring is reversed so the fan can be used as a pusher in front of the radiator. I haven’t had any issues with it. I am running a YSi fox body set up with a 10 rib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online