Cooling fan wiring, diaphragm to fuses 5.0

1994Gtmustang

Reaction score
I understand is two fuses that control. Our cooling fans on a 94 through 1995 Ford Mustang GT I have power going to the 60 amp fuse but no power going to the 10amp fuse.

dcm0123

Reaction score
diagram and fuses

I see where it states there is a 10 amp fuse for the low speed fan but I also see in the relay schematic both low and high speed are fed by the same 60A fuse, not a 10 amp.

The relays in the Fan Module are undersized and overheat then burn out.

Attachments

• Mustang-94-95-CCRM-AC-Diagram.gif
    Mustang-94-95-CCRM-AC-Diagram.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Mustang-94-95-Underhood-Fuses.gif
    Mustang-94-95-Underhood-Fuses.gif
    40.6 KB · Views: 20

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
correct I mentioned the relays in the CCRM earlier. Relays are known to go bad after time.

OP
OP

1994Gtmustang

Reaction score
correct I mentioned the relays in the CCRM earlier. Relays are known to go bad after time.
Everyone is absolutely correct the relays are in CCRM There’s also a 60 amp fuse, and a 10 amp fuse that works in conjunction with the CCRM this is the problem, at least for my car. Everything is new there is still no power going to the 10 amp fuse. I’ve traced everything down. The problem is the PCM the computer that one circuit board that controls the 10 amp fuse to send power to it, or to recognize power and grounding points is bad, so what I did was got rid of the factory fan took a fan out of a 2004 Ford mustang GT only ground in power. It sucks that I have to monitor the temperature by the switch inside my car now to cut the fan on but it is OK for now. It is not my daily driver .

dcm0123

Reaction score
Here is a view showing the 10 amp fuse is actually a power seat fuse. Not sure which is correct.
Do you have a problem with your fan?
Also check the connector which plugs into the fan motor. If it is shows signs of excessive heat, it may be bad.

1667760515139.png

OP
OP

1994Gtmustang

Reaction score
Here is a view showing the 10 amp fuse is actually a power seat fuse. Not sure which is correct.
Do you have a problem with your fan?
Also check the connector which plugs into the fan motor. If it is shows signs of excessive heat, it correct

OP
OP

1994Gtmustang

Reaction score
Correct the 10am fuse has no power going to it at all. Also, there’s no power going to the coolant temperature sensor plug. To my understanding the coolant temperature plug gets power on the 10 amp fuse. Nothing now when I unplug the coolant temperature plug, I guess to see CCRM makes the fan automatically comes on.

dcm0123

Reaction score
Coolant temp sensor is connected to the computer, not a power source. It has the same connection the other sensors have. The engine would likely not run if there was a problem with this circuit.

The coolant temperature sensor tells the computer the engine is running hot. The computer then tells the Constant Control Relay Module (body control module) to energize the relay which turns the cooling fan on.

Attachments

• EEC-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    EEC-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP

1994Gtmustang

Reaction score
Coolant temp sensor is connected to the computer, not a power source. It has the same connection the other sensors have. The engine would likely not run if there was a problem with this circuit.

The coolant temperature sensor tells the computer the engine is running hot. The computer then tells the Constant Control Relay Module (body control module) to energize the relay which turns the cooling fan on.

Ok but it doesn’t explain why the 10amp fuse has no power and yes the fuse is new both 60amp and 10 amp so what else powers the 10amp fuse because remember even at the coolant temp plug there’s no power either

dcm0123

Reaction score
Depending on how the sensing system was designed, it may not have 12V+ on the temperature sensor plug.
Try unplugging it while the car is running. Th engine may shut off and demonstrate to you the system is working.

Considering the fuse box diagrams do not agree with each other, I have no clue what the 10amp fuse is for. One says power seats, the other says engine fan. Unless you find someone with a Ford OEM manual, you may never know.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
All the temp sensors in the car use something called a thermistor. All it is, is a resistor that changes resistance with temp so all there might be a small voltage on the wire but it is really just testing for the resistance of the sensor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online