cooling fan won't come on by it's self......

drgracer392

Reaction score
95 gt with new CCRM, ECU, and ECT.......fan works just won't come on at temp like it's suppose too...comes on with ac on and all that
and cuts off at 195. But it will not cycle on by it's self......

HELP.. ....I'm a service tech and have used the scan tool no codes or cel's......

ps I f I ground pin 17 like in your post it works also.......but I like my car to work as they are suppose to....with no alternate
wiring.....

thanks

M

musclemustang94

Get a wiring diagram, you can't always just pull the codes. Figure out what component turns the fan on, (i am suspecting the PCM does it). Inspect all the wiring for loose connections etc. Remember that when the car is hot the resistance in the wires is higher, and its probably controlled indirectly with a realy. Your coil in the realy maybe going bad, you might have some contacts in it going bad etc. You could even just put a new realy in it, they are only a few bucks.

OP
OP
D

drgracer392

Reaction score
o.k where can I find a wiring diagram , and where is the relay. the only one I know of is in the ccrm.....I don't have access to any liturature
to find this can you help me out ...

M

musclemustang94

you said your a service tech. Dont you have access to alldata or mitchell? If not, its probably in a chiltons manual.

M

musclemustang94

What ended up being your problem? I think my car has the same problem, i am just to lazy to go fix it cuz its not overheating just running hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online