cooling problem!

venom97

Reaction score
first the ticking now a cooling problem. the upper radiator hose blows up like a balloon. the car was running warmer than i thought it should thats when i noticed the hose. i replaced the hose and the t stat with a 180. the car is still running up to the L before it comes down and the upper hose feels like its full of pressure(cant squeeze it) anyone have this problem before? i think im going to have the radiator flushed and see how it goes from there.

wytstang

Reaction score
Is this for a 94/95 of a 96+? reason I ask is the 94/95 have a very inaccurate temp gauge, not sure if the 96+ has the same issue.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
man it prob took me like 5 minutes to read that post, damn avitar im serious too lol. yours wasnt helping much either wytstang.

I would flush it like you said, I was going to say thermostat but you allready changed that. You sure you have no leaks and coolent levels are good?

OP
OP
venom97

venom97

Reaction score
this is for my 95,flushed the cooling system with just water to see if maybe that would help. it seems to be doing better than it was. no shit came out though during the entire time i had the hose on it,seemed pretty clean. its outside running right now, well see :dunno:

Five-O

Reaction score
If you have no oil in your radiator, its not your heads or your gaskets so be thankful for that. If its still doing it, i'm thinking you have an air pocket. Burp the system and take it down the road. When you're driving, swerve back and forth to see if you can get that air pocket to move out. If it still does it, you'll prolly have to pull it apart. You might have gotten some gasket resedue inside the motor and it could be blocking coolant passages in the heads or something. Process of elimination i guess. Good luck.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Could it be someting as simple as putting the t-stat in the wrong direction?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online