Cooling system issues

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am having a little issue with my car. I popped the intake, when i was replacing it, i decided to throw new hoses at it. The intake was new, so that aluminum elbow was good, the radiator has plastic caps, those wiped clean. After that t, it goes to something on the block, its aluminum, and coroded. I get random pressure leaks because i cant get the corrosion off. Has anyone dealt with this? I have to assume its some kind of bolt on elbow. The water pump goes into the block, there are no hose connections being made, so it has to bolt or connect some way shape or form. I cant get in close enough, any one got any bare engine pics, or some pics of hose routings, anything, pretty pretty please in this picture, the hose connects just under the power steering resivoir.

Attachments

• 94075B96-1227-4FAF-B75B-EBA6994E1AD7.jpeg
    94075B96-1227-4FAF-B75B-EBA6994E1AD7.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 9

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Your oil filter adapter bolts on right there. It’s where the lower radiator hose goes, and the oil filter screw on right there. Is the corrosion on the block or the adapter?

OP
OP
K

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
The corrosion is on the coolant hose barb. But, i have never really pin pointed the leak, it could very well be this gasket. It has everything to do with the replacement of the lower hose. It seems simple to get off, i can wire brush it, looks like

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I would definitely pull that adapter off the block and install a new gasket. With the adapter off, you can get some sandpaper on there and make everything clean.