Corbeau A4 owners!!!!

StangerBanger

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody here is running Corbeau A4 CLOTH seats?? Im about to buy a pair, but im a little nervous about the quality of the cloth material. I dont want microsuede or leather. How does the cloth hold up??

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
From everything Ive seen online the black cloth seems to fade after a while

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
Yea thats what im aftaid of! Do you think the microsuede is better quality and less prone to fade?

Caboose302

Reaction score
Not sure about the A4 but I would assume the CR1s have the same cloth. I had grey and they held up just fine. It was the little "leather" patches that ended up wearing out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have corbea's but the GT2's and with leather/micro. I would recommend it myself great quality and look freaking awesome..

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Corbeau A4 on the passenger side, and a Corbeau Forza fixed-back on the driver side. Both are a little less than 3 years old. The Forza is more faded than the A4 - it looks faded in pictures (I'm guessing because of the flash) but in real-life I didn't notice it at all. I didn't see it being "faded" until I took pics of it. Just looking at it, in the car, it looks black. My A4 does not look faded at all yet. Both seats are cloth.

That doesn't mean that these won't fade more as time goes on, I'm sure they will.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I have some older CR1's that I bought used. The black cloth was very faded so I bought new micro suede covers from Corbeau and recovered them.
After 4 years they have not faded.

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies! Ive decided to go with te black microsuede! Super stoked for them to get here! Ive also ordered the double locking tracks. This will be my first set of racing seats
. Cant wait to isntall!!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies! Ive decided to go with te black microsuede! Super stoked for them to get here! Ive also ordered the double locking tracks. This will be my first set of racing seats
. Cant wait to isntall!!

Did you opt for the sub-belt option? Are planning on using a racing harness? Or is your car mostly street-oriented? If you intend to do some tracking, but don't want to go with harnesses yet, take a look at CG Locks if you don't already know about them.

I have the double-locking sliders on both of my Corbeau's - a necessity on any car that isn't track (and single driver) dedicated.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
big_vinyl_zpsjlxjxesw.jpg

I am sure there will be some sort of negative response about this, but it worked very well for me where my buckets had sun fade on the top of the seats.

torch318

Reaction score
Just curious how hard is it to keep microsuede clean?

ALS97GT

Reaction score
If the car sits outside, the sun will fade them in a matter of months. The clips for the harness to pass through would also come apart all the time. I had a terrible experience with mine. They were comfortable tho. I like the CR1s better. Definately worth getting the better materials IMO

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
Mcglsr2 I didnt opt for the sub slot :/ill probably regret it in the future! I like the idea of 5 points, but the car is just a street car for now. Im running stock belts, until i make up my mind on what I want next. And I did get the microsuede. It just seemed like the better option all around

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I used to have corbeau a4's. The hinge broke. I'm not a big guy, took it apart and the welds were pretty much the worst i've ever seen. I don't recommend them.

If you're going the corbeau route, go for a fixed-back seat

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mcglsr2 I didnt opt for the sub slot :/ill probably regret it in the future! I like the idea of 5 points, but the car is just a street car for now. Im running stock belts, until i make up my mind on what I want next. And I did get the microsuede. It just seemed like the better option all around

Gotcha. If you are thinking about going on track with them, look into CG Locks - they'll let you use your stock belts but will hold you in a lot tighter. Not as a good as racing harnesses, but better than just stock belts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online