Correct SEM Paint Color for Black Interior

Kboss87

Reaction score
I picked up an 03' console to put in my 94. I was doing research and a source said to purchase SEM 15243 Satin Black for 94-98 black, which is what I ended up purchasing.

I started doing more research for proper cleaning/painting techniques, and now I am seeing that most people use SEM 15013 Landua Black. So I'm considering shipping the Satin Black back in exchange for Landua Black.

Anyone have experience with either color? Obviously trying to get the best color match possible.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
[MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] has some experience in this department, I'm sure he can help you out. From what I understand though, Landau black is the best match for our interior pieces.

OP
OP
Kboss87

Kboss87

Reaction score
Tony has some experience in this department, I'm sure he can help you out. From what I understand though, Landau black is the best match for our interior pieces.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered some Landau Black. Before I paint the console, I'm going to test them out on something to see which matches best. Seems like more people go with Landau so I'm sure that's what I'll end up with.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i used the landau black. it was a tad shiny so i used the low luster clear. now the low luster clear is tricky. have to spray it in very thin coats and as even as possible. it can look cloudy if you don't.

heres the final product. i did my upper door panels. compared to the dash. it's as close as you will get lol. def better than the dupliolors.

2r6hehh.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online