Corrupted another one today!

PinkieT

Reaction score
Took my almost-16-year-old grand-nephew for a ride in my 98 GT today. He has a learner's permit but never drove a stick or anything other than a boring family sedan. I took him to an empty parking lot and showed him the ropes. I started with me driving and him shifting, then him driving and me shifting, then him doing it all. Yeah, he stalled a few times, but he got the hang of it pretty quick. He was smiling all the way after that. When we went back home he said he thinks my car is cool and wants his first car to have a manual transmission. I converted him over to the gearhead side!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya ever notice that you don’t really see a bunch of drugged out gear heads???? Drunks yes, druggies no............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
Great job on the conversion!

My brother made his first daughter get a manual transmission for her first car. I don't think he did the same for the second.
My sister's kids will probably learn to drive stick. They're obsessed with my cars already and I only own manual transmissions.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ya ever notice that you don’t really see a bunch of drugged out gear heads???? Drunks yes, druggies no............

crack or car parts, we both have our addictions ours just doesn't normally make our teeth fall out, or make our brains/body go to hell.

joe65

Reaction score
good stuff! I was a proud papa when my son told me he hates Automatics.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Probably, but wrenching is healthier... unless you call inhaling, gas, exhaust, rattle can, brake clean, mineral spirits fumes healthy... Awe hell it's all bad for you...

Telling me that wrenching is bad for my health is bad for your health!!!!! [emoji1787]

Boostr1

Reaction score
Telling me that wrenching is bad for my health is bad for your health!!!!! [emoji1787]

Didn't say wrenching was bad but the other extracurricular jobs around it could be... but thats' just part of the hobby and us gearheads don't believe in that bubamysees...

lutter94

Reaction score
no burn outs? He has not been fully converted yet..........

Sometimes you jump right into burnouts if they keep dropping the clutch too fast lol. Did that once teaching a kid, kept killing it, said if you're gonna dump the clutch at least give her hell.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online