Cost of replacement top

yleefox

Reaction score
What would one expect to pay for a replacement soft top? Anyone know?

Yleefox

skidude69

Reaction score
I put a really nice cloth (03-04 Cobra style) EZ-On top on mine this winter (cheaper labor rate at the upholstery shop) COMPLETE KIT TOP and DEFROSTER GLASS WINDOW CLOTH was about 550 for the top and 400 to have it installed. You can get a nice vinyl top for about 100 less and even less if you don’t need a new back window.

Take a look at http://www.aabestco.com/merchant.ihtml?id=92&step=2 they have good prices on tops but make sure to check with a local installer FIRST… some of those guys will NOT INSTALL a top that they didn’t sell you (even though it is probably the exact same top with a couple hundred dollars mark up)! And if you are replacing the top you should replace the bow pads and ¼ cables and even consider replacing your headliner if it is faded or worn and your convertible well liner because the top has to be off to replace them.

:)

OP
OP
Y

yleefox

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I've been considering a rag top but I've been concerned about the replacement cost. I was told by one guy that he just replaced the top on the car he was trying to sell and it cost him 1500.00 bucks. I thought that was BS.

Yleefox

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online