Cost of SFC install

bear

Reaction score
I'm comparing prices. How much did you guys pay to hav subframe connectors welded in?

gt96stang

Reaction score
can you get on a military base?? I paid the guys $15 for stall time... I cleaned up the underside of the car and put the SFC's in, then they just came in there and welded them bishes in for me..

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didnt pay nothing the last time I had a set put on, but I think 20 would do it ......its a easy job at a shop with a lift

gt96stang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I didnt pay nothing the last time I had a set put on, but I think 20 would do it ......its a easy job at a shop with a lift

:hammer: :hammer:
Yeah, that's what you would want to think... I went to a local muffler shop around here that a lot of cars go to.. They said $75, I laughed and walked right out the door...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
Snakebit said:

:hammer: :hammer:
Yeah, that's what you would want to think... I went to a local muffler shop around here that a lot of cars go to.. They said $75, I laughed and walked right out the door...

I would have too, it wont take 20 minutes to do :D

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The going rate is@ $100 now at most shops for full lenth subs.

I paid $ 50 for mine but that was over 10 years ago.
Try the local shops and price check...$20 isn't gonna get it done unless you spend alot at that shop.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
The going rate is@ $100 now at most shops for full lenth subs.

I paid $ 50 for mine but that was over 10 years ago.
Try the local shops and price check...$20 isn't gonna get it done unless you spend alot at that shop.

maybe thats my problem ??? but there are so many friends there it seems that way with everyone :dunno:

Whistler98

Reaction score
75 around here that is what they want to turn the welder on. I am holding off b/c no one has a drive on lift around here. :nonono:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Big question you have to ask is how much is it worth to you to have it done? If you don't have your own welder 75 bucks seems like a good deal. You don't have to go to just a car shop. Check the yellow pages for welding service and see if any of their guys will do it in their off time.

GDawg

Reaction score
Mine cost $200 but only cause I have more than just subframes. I have Matrix braces and jacking rails too. Plus Vegas is a rip off.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDawg said:
Mine cost $200 but only cause I have more than just subframes. I have Matrix braces and jacking rails too. Plus Vegas is a rip off.

Thats not bad considering you had the entire system, i need to get the rest of mine welded in. I found the jacking rails and matrix brace on ebay over the winter.

voidfinger

Reaction score
jacking rails and matrix braces??? that sounds new to me.... I just got the KBrown, subframes with T joints on the seat things. Please go into more detail on the rails and braces... O0

GDawg

Reaction score
Kenny Brown was a decent place for these items. Just recently it was known through the news that "Kenny" himself became ill and some people at his business tried to steal his business. It's been a problem for his company. He used to sell "matrix braces" and "jacking rails" to complete the kit. There are better but KB are up there for chassis stiffening.

He went beyond the standard subframes to his supersubframes along with the kit...

Here is a stock photo of the entire kit on another car which may not be a Mustang. His metal is much more strong than the metals used in this picture of some application. My kit to follow...

kbsubsinstalled.jpg

My kit before install...

subs01.jpg

GDawg

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
wow that looks nice, about how much does it add?

Not sure I understand the question.... add what? Weight?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They aren't heavy at all...i was just holding some in my hand the other day. My buddy has all KB suspension parts in his garage for his fox and i was checking out his stock pile. He's had the stuff for like 7 years and never installed it ??? I guess being a mechanic 10 hours a day makes you sick of cars :dunno:

voidfinger

Reaction score
thats what i hear, i would love to work on car since i like to work on mine but a budy of mine who is a mach. said that it takes all the fun outa cars :(