could it be alternator ??? GOT MY BABY HOME SAFE!

S

scarface

you are going to need a battery. Replace it. the have the alternator checked to make sure it is charging.

Some parts stores will charge and check your battery free of charge. If its dead, they will tell you.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
i wiggled the cables so yea theyre on tight, im gonna take my battry out n use one of another car to see if thats it. gotta go to walgreens to drop off my cam to get some pics of my car n parts for u finally, gonna do that 1 hour thing, hope they come out ok. be back in few ;)

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
I was wonderin, when I go to lock my car it doesnt make that lil beep, also I cant even turn on radio, does this mean I just need a new battery or theres still a possibility that its somethin else like alternator ???

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
The Green GT said:

yea its what i thought but i heard that even when u try to jump start with cables a dead battery should still start the car is that true ? cause we tried that n it didnt start so they said its not the battery, but I think it is battery cause of what I Stated above.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
damnit i think you jinxed me. My battery took a shit today. Think it has a bad cell. Ill find out tomorrow. Take the battery and have it load tested and maybe take the alternator just in case, if you dont want to make more than one trip.

The Green GT

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
The Green GT said:

yea its what i thought but i heard that even when u try to jump start with cables a dead battery should still start the car is that true ? cause we tried that n it didnt start so they said its not the battery, but I think it is battery cause of what I Stated above.
Not true. I tried to jump atart a buddies truck for so long the cables almost melted once. then we just put my batt in his truck, drove it home, then went back in his dads truck and put my batt back. His battery wasnt just dead. It was dead as in never coming back.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
The Green GT said:
4point6GT said:
The Green GT said:

Not true. I tried to jump atart a buddies truck for so long the cables almost melted once. then we just put my batt in his truck, drove it home, then went back in his dads truck and put my batt back. His battery wasnt just dead. It was dead as in never coming back.

ok then hopefully it is battery then, and hopefully my battery is dead dead dead too, lol.

anyways I tried takin out battery this afternoon but I dont got the exact tools here so i couldnt, pissed me off :comando: SO i cant take it to autozone for them to check, the alternator, i could always try that, is it hard to take off tho ? never done it.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
battery is simple as hell to take off. Alternator aint too bad but if ya dont mind you could just take the batt first and if thats not it then try the alternator

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
i know how to take battery off, lol......I just dont have no small ass wrenches so I couldnt unscrew those lil bolts. im about to take off to autozone tho, cya in a bit.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
sorry i took soo long, what color top ? cause I bought the red top at atuozone :) and 2 small ass wrenches, took me 2 trips cause first two didnt fit, but 2nd set got the job done :banana:......so yea takin the battery out was a bitch with those tiny ass wrenches especially since my hands barely could fit in them tight places. plus I didnt know there was another bolt holdin the damn battery so there I am like a dumbass tryin to yank on it, haha. so I took a bit to unscrew that 3rd one but when I did I was glad, next went my new bad ass battery, I screw them nuts back in and jump in my seat with a big smile and prayin to god my baby starts, and booom!!!! we're back in business baby!!!!!!!!!11 thanks for all u that helped me out, I knew it was just the damn battery. :D

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
its always nice when its an easy fix and ya you want the red top. I let mine sit for 4 hours and think about what it was doing and then it started ;D . my boss told me the jumper was in the back and i said just wait a second i think it has had enough time to think about what it is doing and then it fired up. He laughed pretty hard :)

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
ok im glad I got the right one, not to mention looks bad ass with my red car :) now for red 8.5 or 9 mm wires >:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online