could it be alternator ??? GOT MY BABY HOME SAFE!

4point6GT

Reaction score
ok so I went out tonight with some friends and now I fuckin regret it! I had to leave my stang at some side of street downtown, I pray no one fucks with it :noes:.....it wouldnt start, we tried pushin it reverse then forward to jump start it, then we tried with some cables and nothing, what could it be ? alternator ? and if it is how hard is it to install a new one ? is it true u just disconnect like 2 cables n vice versa with the new one ? or will i have to have it towed to my house ????

PLEASE HELP, THIS BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help2:

97blackgt

Reaction score
Re: could it be alternator ???

cranks over?

could be starter/alternator/battery

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score

so since I dont know what it could be, u think my best bet would be to have it towed to my place and then try to figure out what it is n fix it here, I just want it to be safe. hope no one fucked with it.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score

well I jus called my bro in law and he said it cant be alternator or starter cause if it was, by pushin it and tryin to jump start it that way it would of have. he said somethin bout maybe bein the cylenoid/s whatever that is. anyways this sucks.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
well I just got home from towin my car, they charged me $132.50 I am just happy my baby is SAFE and HOME!!!!!!! now to figure what is wrong with her and get her back on the road ASAP!!!!! :banana:

S

scarface

what exactly is it doing? will it turn over? More info is needed.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
when I turn the key it jus makes a noise for like 1 second and nothing but no tryin to start up, the guys said it might be fuel pump. who knows tho, im gonna go look at it in a bit. they also said wires to alternator or maybe battery might be loose.

S

scarface

does the engine turn over at all? Try borrowing a battery and stick it in to see if it will start.

S

scarface

when you turn the key, see if the interior lights cut off and the warning lights in the gauge cluster cut out. If so your battery is dead. You will need to get a new one or a charged one to even see if the alternator is charging.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
sounds like it is the battery. If the fuel pump was bad it would still crank over. The fuel pump wont work if it dont get any juice

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
How could it be the battery if they tried catching it in gear and it still didnt start???

S

scarface

if there is no voltage, you wouldnt even be able roll start it.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
or he dont know how to pull start properly :dunno: if it was just the starter then it would start by pushing but if it has no juice then how is the fuel pump etc going to work?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Plus they tried jumpstarting it??? :dunno:

S

scarface

if the battery is completely dead, he would have had to leave the cables on for a long time to even get it to try and turn over.

Its a computer controlled car. the ECU needs a certain amount of voltage to operate...if it isnt there, the car isnt going to start.

S

scarface

before you tow it, just try someones battery in it, just needs a top post battery. you could be spending a ton on towing, when it is a 50 dollar battery.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
I just went outside, and yea. I turn the key and no noise at all whatsoever. one more thing u kno that lil lever u can pull on to make the engine rev, i pull on the lil silver wire and then let it go n it feels like there is a lil ball connected at end when it drops, is it suppose to do that ? so if the battery is dead as in dead for good it wont start even if I try to jump it ?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
if ya have a battery you can swap out try that. Or just put a charger on the battery for a little while. also might want to wiggle the battery cables and make sure the cables are on the posts good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online