Counter balance weight on lightweight flywheel

302hobronco

Reaction score
Gentlemen. I purchased a clutchmax lightweight flywheel. It came with two counter balance weights for either 50oz imbalance or 28oz. There are no instructions as to which is which. One is twice the size of the other. I've tried to reach out to the company for several days with zero results. I tried contacting them through ebay, zero results. Can anyone help me with which counter balance weight to use please? Im guessing it's the bigger of the two, but want to know forsure. It is going in a 94 mustang gt with the 302. Thanks guys.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen. I purchased a clutchmax lightweight flywheel. It came with two counter balance weights for either 50oz imbalance or 28oz. There are no instructions as to which is which. One is twice the size of the other. I've tried to reach out to the company for several days with zero results. I tried contacting them through ebay, zero results. Can anyone help me with which counter balance weight to use please? Im guessing it's the bigger of the two, but want to know forsure. It is going in a 94 mustang gt with the 302. Thanks guys.

If it’s the stock 302 with no special rebuild and custom balanced internals then you use the 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

302hobronco

Reaction score
Yes I know that. Im trying to figure out from the two weights I have which one is the one for the 50oz counterbalance. I have a big weight and a smaller weight. Not labeled which is which.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s 50 inch ounce by the way. Should be the larger of the two. But best to verify with seller. This is why ya gotta be careful buying off name parts.

OP
OP

302hobronco

Reaction score
The seller finally got ahold of me. It is the larger of the two weights.
A kitchen scale would not tell me which weight to use as they are not actually 50 oz or 28oz weights, evil is correct in stating that they are "inch oz" weights. Thank you evil for your knowledge and trying to help.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Glad I could do something right in between beers. [emoji38]

OP
OP

302hobronco

Reaction score
Thought I'd do an update. I don't know why people wouldn't want a lightweight flywheel. The car is so much more responsive. Even in stop and go traffic it isn't much different than stock. I still have 3.08 gears, soon to be 3.73s. It should really move out after that. Thanks again guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online