Coyote swap cobra hood selection...

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
What’s going on fellas.

mom having a hard time finding a hood to clear my coyote swap in my 97 cobra.

basic setup:
Gen1 coyote
UPR K member
Poly motor mounts with 1/4 spacer to clear rack
Boss 302 intake and fender well inlet

Problem I’m running into is finding a hood to clear. Measuring off the front corner of the fenders my highest point is between 21-22 inches back, height at this point off top of fenders is between 3.75 and 4 inches.

Ive contacted VFN and fiberglass specialties NV to ask for dimensions of their hoods with no reply.

anyone here running a similar setup on their SN95? Ready to drive this car!

pic of car and engine bay for reference

D63ACAF2-9B41-4D64-9889-AB7D448C8B57.jpeg

9B3E61CF-11D3-40CC-89D7-86D45773BA5F.jpeg

Werecow

Reaction score
Would a Cobra R type hood clear it?? My 94 had one of those hoods and I always thought they looked sharp!!!

OP
OP
K

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of the 00 R hood
I’m looking between a 4’ cowl or vfn has one called the cajin pro.
But I want measurements before I order lol

Werecow

Reaction score
Bodykits.com has some good looking pieces, if you haven't checked their site out yet... I've already got mine picked out there..... Now if I could just get my mortgage paid off...

360dartgts

Reaction score
I know with a supercharger and a 2002 gt hood you'll have to cut the part of the hood that drops down a bit. If the hood was flat it would clear fine with the supercharger and a upr k member. So your boss would fit with the R hood I bet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
Well a update:

removed the engine mount spacers, offset bushings in the rack and the engine dropped about 1/2 a inch so hopefully I can find a hood to clear now.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well a update:

removed the engine mount spacers, offset bushings in the rack and the engine dropped about 1/2 a inch so hopefully I can find a hood to clear now.

Why did you have engine mount spacers in???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
White95,

can you possibly see if he can give you any measurements? I just want to be sure before I get stuck with a hood that won’t clear. I dropped the engine about 1/2 a inch but still want to double check before I drop the $$$ on a hood.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The boss intake looks killer! But would a normal stock intake help clear? From my understanding, the gen 3 intake beats all previous manifolds for power.....still tho that boss looks great

OP
OP
K

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
The boss intake looks killer! But would a normal stock intake help clear? From my understanding, the gen 3 intake beats all previous manifolds for power.....still tho that boss looks great
You are right but I couldn’t pass up the deal on the boss plus the looks make it for me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know my hood gave a little bit of space further up front of the intake. I needed it because I put a 225 amp alternator that stuck up just enough that the stock hood hit it. This one clears it and it was from VIS

tnZOodd.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online