Coyote swap motor fuel injectors: no activation

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Motor has spark, so that must mean the ECU correctly senses the crank trigger pulses. I've definitely got fuel provided from tank, no question. Air is good, no restrictions, and I sprayed some ether right into one of the vacuum ports behind the throttle body and upon cranking the starter motor the engine stuttered like it was going to fire up so I know it's ready to go.

When pulling one of the plugs/coils and jumpering the grounding strap to a ground point, there was surely blue spark. But before I went to normal everything up after that spark test, I couldn't smell fuel inside that cylinder. So I put a noid light on one of the injector plugs and got nothing.

Anyone ever run into this issue and have any pointers? I did flash the Palm Beach Dyno tune into the Control Pack ECU yesterday and by all indications the ECU successfully took the tune. I'm stumped for now.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what ecu are you using? I would start simple and make sure that the important wires that need a true ignition are seeing it while it is cranking(ignition/fuel/ect). I assume you konw the difference between a regular and true ignition? You could test this by supplying a constant to the ignition wires while cranking if a meter does not show it.

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yea, that's one thing I thought about testing for right before calling it a day. Basically just probing one or more of the injector plugs for that +12v and at least that way I'll know whether or not the ECU is doing its job of ground-switching the injectors. Got off with a FRPP tech just a bit ago and apparently there's multiple versions of the Control Pack instructions, lol. So that may be something. Already identified one wire that shouldn't be connected and yet the instructions that came with my control pack said to connect it to KOEO 12v power. Tech admitted people over the years were copy/pasting whole chunks of instruction blocks without first sifting through them for applicability. I had expected more from FRPP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.