Coyote Swap! (The hell should I do with the wiring?)

ForeverDriven

Reaction score
Alright so I've got a coyote swap going! Motor is going into a 97 GT. My main question is the starting/fuel system.

The instructions mention that I should solder the fuel pump, starter request, and all that biz to the PCM. Question is, if I keep the old computer partially hooked up and keep the stock wiring without the engine harness, do I need to do this crap? I know the SN95 systems keep the fuel pump on constantly just like the instructions say it needs, among other things the system already does stock.

Of course I'll probably splice the ignition switch just so the computer knows when it's on/off, but other than that do I really need to do the rest? I assume the stock SN95 wiring can do all that with the way it already is. Anybody got any feedback?

Thanks!

Werecow

Reaction score
You need to start reading @white95 s thread on his car White95's unicorn. He's doing the same swap you are only it's on a 95 if I remember it right. He's gone thru all the stuff you're gonna go through and he's just now dropped the coyote in. If I'm remembering right, there's someone else here that's doing the swap too but I can't pull up in my head who it is right now..

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Alright so I've got a coyote swap going! Motor is going into a 97 GT. My main question is the starting/fuel system.

The instructions mention that I should solder the fuel pump, starter request, and all that biz to the PCM. Question is, if I keep the old computer partially hooked up and keep the stock wiring without the engine harness, do I need to do this crap? I know the SN95 systems keep the fuel pump on constantly just like the instructions say it needs, among other things the system already does stock.

Of course I'll probably splice the ignition switch just so the computer knows when it's on/off, but other than that do I really need to do the rest? I assume the stock SN95 wiring can do all that with the way it already is. Anybody got any feedback?

Thanks!

What exactly are we installing? FRPP control pack? Holley EFI? Something else?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online