would drop right in

why mess around with a coyote
and all the fitment issues.
has anyone priced this out?

car would be a sn95
not going to be cheap either way

Silver95bird

Reaction score
if its a dohc 4.6 i would say go for it. I'm not sure the stroker part works out as well for a boosted 2v. The big bore is always worth it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Its the stroke and rod length youll want to retain. Make up the cubes with the bore size.

Reaction score
coyote for sure. the swap can be done for a decent price in all honesty. about 6k for a full swap and plenty of people have done it since the 5.0 came out. a handful of members here have done it too. also take into consideration the reliability of the engines.

Zutz23

Reaction score
stroked 4.6 equals 5.0
if you were thinking about forced induction,

a purpose built stroked 4.6 with forged internals
would drop right in

why mess around with a coyote
and all the fitment issues.
has anyone priced this out?

car would be a sn95
not going to be cheap either way

My 2v is boosted putting down 430rwhp. I want more. I’m researching how much it would cost me to do that work. I can get my T3650 rebuilt for 2k CND to handle 600rwhp.

So like you I’m debating my options.

Build my bottom end which would likely cost me 3k for parts abs another 2-3 k to drop the motor in with a tune, and turn up the boost on my car.

Pros, I cab out down 600+ on my motor and tranny for 6-7k CND

Keeps the sound of the 4.6

Cons. I’m out 7k lol

Buy a coyote. Again build my trans mission for 2k

Buy a motor that’s been abused at 150,000 Kms for 6k CND cause they’re expensive here.

Pros I’d have a N/A 5.0

Cons: having all those fitment issues. And all the extra things that done come with the engine like mounts and what not.

I think forging is the way. And if I can add any support for you, go with a kenne bell blower and do not use an ice to air cooler. I when V2 with ice to air cooler and I regret it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Mounts, k member, transmission, starter, radiator, a/c compressor, power steering, and alternator all swap over to a coyote with the power by the hour bracket setup. You can do it cheaper if you go manual steering and brakes like me or electric like white95. The engine physically fits just fine. You’ll need swap headers and some custom coolant hoses (the hoses will vary depending on your setup). The coyote swap is very easy to do.

That being said, there are some issues with the 5.0. I found one recently when I broke the #8 piston. Don’t do the swap without a head cooling mod.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yeah its an awesome engine. I really hate the block....sprayed bore cylinders. It just isnt my idea of a solid foundation. However, The gen 3 2019 coyotes have been known to take over 1000rwhp in stock form when boosted.....just food for thought.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of a nice built 2V but a coyote is a heck of a swap. The cost has come down and the upside is big when you add boost to it.
You can build up your 2V to be whatever you want. It just depends how far do you want to go and how deep are your pockets.

Zutz23

Reaction score
How much could you guys get a coyote for with less then 70,000 miles on it ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
I've been debating this same idea for the last year. I really like the 2v and there's so many parts available now its really not that bad to build one. Plenty of examples out there of 2v's making lots of hp with turbos. Similar boat here I need a bottom end to make mine able to take some good hp. And I happened to come across a 2nd gen coyote for cheap so I bought it. it needs a head, but I can find them for cheap. so I've decided to go the swap route at this point. Start with the 400 whp and if I feel the need later, boost it. From what I'm reading the coyote is pretty good up to 800 hp stock block. Also with the guys here that have done the swap, there's help available and good advice to be had.

joe65

Reaction score
I’m fucking sold. It’s all about the top end because that’s where the magic happens.

the heads are huge on the coyote. I still laugh when I see the our old 5.0 push rod next to the coyote in the garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online