Coyote Swaped 02, coilover help..

Kelly Jondreau

Reaction score
Hi guys, so here’s what I have, it’s an 02 Roush that I’m building from the ground up to take some serious power for the street.. I bought a coyote to put in it, it will be supercharged, it has a k-member and all the goodies up front, a battery relocation to the trunk. So I’ve been in touch with several sources and I’m getting nowhere.. I like my car pretty low, but not in the weeds so like a 2” drop or so. It will be for mostly street with some longer runs on occasion, and maybe once or twice at a strip but not sure on that. I’m looking for information on coilover spring rates and lengths For front and rear. My rears will probably end up being relocated between the subframe area if there’s enough room with the pan hard bar and everything else. So if someone has something setup like that, that would be helpful otherwise I’m more concerned with the front. Thanks in advance.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ that guy be the one to answer your questions!

He has infinite terabites of information stored up in his cranium ready to be downloaded. Smart guy he is!!

OP
OP
K

Kelly Jondreau

Reaction score
what exactly are you concerned about
Well I guess the big thing is the extra weight of the engine and looking for the correct rate so it’s not bottoming out.. I know it’s going to ride rough, but still looking for the best possible ride I can get and handle corners and so on.

OP
OP
K

Kelly Jondreau

Reaction score
So like front 12” 175lbs or 200 or more 14”? And rear just looking to to see if it’s going to be like a 150lbs or something like that. It will have a couple 10” subs a battery relocate, and 8point roll cage The length in the rear I’ll have to measure since I’m moving them inboard most likely, but I guess you can add length on that as well in case I can’t move them. Thank you

Reaction score
all depends on what brand you go with, but a 10 inch spring with 325lb springs and sport valved dampers will ride great

as for rear a 8 or 9 inch and 150-175

but again all depends on brand and valving of the dampers

the coyote doesnt weigh much more. the block itself weighs less than the typical 2v iron block, so you may potentially drop some weight

OP
OP
K

Kelly Jondreau

Reaction score
So like front 12” 175lbs or 200 or more 14”? And rear just looking to to see if it’s going to be like a 150lbs or something like that. It will have a couple 10” subs a battery relocate, and 8point roll cage The length in the rear I’ll have to measure since I’m moving them inboard most likely, but I guess you can add length on that as well in case I can’t move them. Thank you
all depends on what brand you go with, but a 10 inch spring with 325lb springs and sport valved dampers will ride great

as for rear a 8 or 9 inch and 150-175

but again all depends on brand and valving of the dampers

the coyote doesnt weigh much more. the block itself weighs less than the typical 2v iron block, so you may potentially drop some weight
is there a brand that you would recommend, that way it take all the rest of the guessing out of it? And I can’t tell ya how much I appreciate this information, strange was telling me 175lbs front but I’d need to weigh the car to be sure.

Reaction score
strange is for drag racing. not really a road car. if finances are an issue then running the sve kit should be fine. if i were you and had a little extra money to put into suspension i would get maximum motorsport sport valved bilsteins. run the 10in front spring and 8 or 9 inch rear spring. youre not going to have a bottoming out issue unless you get some super soft springs like 175 or lower for the front. i wouldnt go any lower than 300 front

OP
OP
K

Kelly Jondreau

Reaction score
strange is for drag racing. not really a road car. if finances are an issue then running the sve kit should be fine. if i were you and had a little extra money to put into suspension i would get maximum motorsport sport valved bilsteins. run the 10in front spring and 8 or 9 inch rear spring. youre not going to have a bottoming out issue unless you get some super soft springs like 175 or lower for the front. i wouldnt go any lower than 300 front
Aw man thanks at ton for the help!! I’ll definitely take the MMS route, not cutting corners on this build. Have a safe and happy 4th bud!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010