Cpotts got a fancy tripod thread

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Decided to get a cheap tripod, phone mount and Bluetooth clicker from Amazon to try out the "pro" features on my phones camera (note 5). This was my first attempt at pictures with it and still am not quiet sure what ISO and such are..

Here is the tripod in question..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KP473Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

And the mount+clicker:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PMDSEXK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

And the results...

ZhGLM9B.jpg

w804XRl.jpg

x0BJe8z.jpg

4R8wg9c.jpg

e1er18V.jpg

XrT8E6Y.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ISO is basically a scale for measuring a camera's sensitivity to light. Low iso = low sensitivity & high iso = high sensitivity. The less light you have, the higher iso you will use most likely, but in turn will have grain. As far as the tripod + phone setup, be very careful. I would never buy a "lightweight" tripod. With just a phone mounted on it, a slight wind or you bumping it will send it all crashing down.

On a side note, those pictures are rather good quality for a phone. Those filters added using an app of some sort?

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Further terrorizing my neighbors... They're good sports..

[video=youtube;CuSF40FfzpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuSF40FfzpQ[/video]

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
ISO is basically a scale for measuring a camera's sensitivity to light. Low iso = low sensitivity & high iso = high sensitivity. The less light you have, the higher iso you will use most likely, but in turn will have grain. As far as the tripod + phone setup, be very careful. I would never buy a "lightweight" tripod. With just a phone mounted on it, a slight wind or you bumping it will send it all crashing down.

On a side note, those pictures are rather good quality for a phone. Those filters added using an app of some sort?

I was cautious about the phone crashing down thing, but surprisingly the tripod is a very sturdy solid unit..

I didn't use any sort of editing app... this came straight from the camera..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a cheap/light one that is great for travel, but I have noticed that in a medium wind that it can sway enough to make videos no fun to take. Then I have my heavy one that I do not like to travel with but I know is not going to budge once it is set up. There are good with both but like he said with the light/cheaper version you have to watch out.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
These definitely have a filter or effect, no? Those are not natural colors lol

Also just realized the tripod has a stabilizer weight hook so that's good.

Yes a filter, but within the stock camera app... not 3rd party..

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Thanks for all the complements.. I still have some learning to do, well at least as much as you can with a camera phone.. lol

Ballistic

Reaction score
That is a fancy tripod :)

Good looking photos, didn't think those were from a phone until i read your post.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when I got my gopro I went to make a nice time lapse vic. When it cam out it was obvious that the tripod was weak as iwas blown around in a light wind. I can't remember which one I got but its heavy, can stand up to 7 ft tall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.