Craigslist FTW! 04 Cobra Rack $100

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up an 04 Cobra steering rack yesterday for $100. Car was under 40k miles and owner converted everything to manual. Already has offset MM bushings :)
Been looking for one of these for a while and they keep selling for $250 or more on ebay so I jumped on this one. Will go good with my 04 A arms and the MM Steering shaft I want to install.

SPR-ZM

He already sold the IRS or I would have snatched that up too.

95opal

Reaction score
Nice score...JFYI physcocobraguy over on the source is selling a set of cobra A-arms that have been completely rebuilt and powder coated. Not sure on price but they are basically as brand new as you can get for a 10 year old part.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, already have the A arms on the car for almost 10 years. I just need to buy a shaft from MM someday.

Bought my Cobra arms new for $137 to replace worn ball joints. Too bad we can't get them like that now.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
137???? ...

how do you find all these cheep parts?? lol.

That's how much they used to cost 10 years ago when in stock at dealers. Once they got popular they got expensive. I bought my fr500 steering wheel for about the same price then boom they were $250 or more.

86svo9l

Reaction score
That's how much they used to cost 10 years ago when in stock at dealers. Once they got popular they got expensive. I bought my fr500 steering wheel for about the same price then boom they were $250 or more.

I did the same thing. Been setting on them new in boxes, never did use them. Didn't realize they had gone up in value until just a couple months ago when I was going to essentially give them away on craigslist when buying a new house. Once I saw what they were going for I held onto them, lol.

Magic

Reaction score
Nice score! I paid $150 for my 03-04 Cobra rack back in 2012 for a gently used one.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did the same thing. Been setting on them new in boxes, never did use them. Didn't realize they had gone up in value until just a couple months ago when I was going to essentially give them away on craigslist when buying a new house. Once I saw what they were going for I held onto them, lol.

Still have them? They would be a nice add to the one you just bought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online