Cruise Control Issue

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I had a Maximum Motorsports pedal height adjuster in the car and the cruise control worked fine. I switched to the Steeda set up and the cruise control is no longer working. I checked the fuses under the dash and under the hood and they all checked good. So I replaced the clutch safety switch thinking that was the culprit. Still no go. The car won't start if the clutch is out. My first thought was clutch position, but the pedal is closer to stock height than it was before. Plus I've tried holding it in different positions while turning on the cruise just to see. I don't know if the brake light switch also controls the cruise control. But I still have brake lights. I really want to figure this out before my trip to Vegas in November.

lutter94

Reaction score
Doesn't work at all? Or is it like mine where you set it. It loses 10mph. Then proceeds to hold the speed. Have to overshoot it for what I want it set to. Can't imagine the pedal affecting cruise function with the switches still working.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
01yellercobra

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Doesn't work at all. You press the button and nothing happens. Before this it worked perfectly. Well, after I modified the arm on my accufab throttle body.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I have the MM pedal height adjuster on my car and had it on my 98 GT as well. When the pedal is where I like it it doesn't depress the button on the switch far enough for the cruise to work. Same on both cars.

I think about calling MM to ask about it once in a while but rarely drive on the freeway long enough to need it...

OP
OP
01yellercobra

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I have the MM pedal height adjuster on my car and had it on my 98 GT as well. When the pedal is where I like it it doesn't depress the button on the switch far enough for the cruise to work. Same on both cars.

I think about calling MM to ask about it once in a while but rarely drive on the freeway long enough to need it...
That's weird. I've had it on two different cars and never had an issue. But then it doesn't give you a lot of adjustment. Thats why I switched to the Steeda.

OP
OP
01yellercobra

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I fixed it! I didn't realize there is another switch under the quadrant. With the MM adjuster the quadrant moves back to the original position. With the Steeda stop the quadrant doesn't return that far. So that switch wasn't being closed. I wrapped a zip tie around the switch and bolted it back in place. I didn't see any adjustment and to be honest I was tired of being under the dash. I never use the clutch to cancel the cruise control anyway.

ab4816c3483021143b21856ff94986b0.jpg
ff2be732da6b194067a08ee8b3c01ee6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online