Cruise control not working

Reaction score
I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to electrical stuff. How do you go about diagnosing why the CC isn't working? Seems like it could be any of a thousand things.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
step one, check fuses. No I do not know which or recommend getting the manual to try and figure out which one you think it might be. Get on your back and take the 2 mins it takes to pull/inspect ever fuse. If those are all good move up and check the box under the hood.

OP
OP
SouthernGorilla
Reaction score
step one, check fuses. No I do not know which or recommend getting the manual to try and figure out which one you think it might be. Get on your back and take the 2 mins it takes to pull/inspect ever fuse. If those are all good move up and check the box under the hood.
You know how long it's been since I climbed up under a dash? May need a winch to get my arthritic butt back out. Guess I know what I'm doing Monday now.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is your brake light switch and if you have led tail lights.

OP
OP
SouthernGorilla
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is your brake light switch and if you have led tail lights.
I don't think I have LEDs. Brake lights work, but that doesn't mean the switch isn't closed just enough to mess with the cruise. Could also be the clutch safety switch. Had that problem with an F-350 once now that I think about it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
how would leds effect the brake switch? THey mess with the turn signals but the stock brake switch should be fine for led

I meant to check the brake switch in addition to the above. Leds can pull current even when they’re off, which won’t allow cruise to work.

I don't think I have LEDs. Brake lights work, but that doesn't mean the switch isn't closed just enough to mess with the cruise. Could also be the clutch safety switch. Had that problem with an F-350 once now that I think about it.

Could be for sure. Does it start with the clutch out? And the clutch doesn’t have to travel far to deactivate cruise.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I discovered there was a cruise control module by my fusebox a few years ago as I was trying to figure out why my brake lights only got 9 volts. There was some kind of problem with the module so I had to disconnect it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.