Cruise control removal

Mikestang95

Reaction score
OK so the linkage for my cruise control (that connects to the TB) was broke so I figured since I don't/wont use it anyway I am just going to remove it.

My question is this.....

Since it is vacuum controlled and all of the hoses obviously need to come off do I need to plug the spot where it connects to the tree on the inner fenderwell? (I have no clue what the technical term for it is but it also holds a spot for the power brake vacuum line)

I know this will probably make people ask, Why do you want to remove it? but the answer is that I wont use it so no need for it, I don't do long cruises in this car if I have to go somewhere far, we take the wife's Mountaineer. Kinda the same reason I removed the A/C compressor and all that as well. Just don't need it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Just cap it at the vac tree. By the baker booster. . Remove the cruise hose should be label on the vac tree. Then put a cap on the vac tree.

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

OP
OP
Mikestang95

Mikestang95

Reaction score
Just cap it at the vac tree. By the baker booster. . Remove the cruise hose should be label on the vac tree. Then put a cap on the vac tree.

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

I believe that's what I am going to do. I just wanted to make sure if by some chance anyone else had removed it that I wasn't going to miss something before I put the fender liner back in. It's not difficult to get it back off just more of a nuisance.

Thanks for the reply!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online