Crutchfield Slipping?

Venompower

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out for anyone considering purchasing car audio... if you saw my recent thread you would know that my order arrived missing the Metra harness adaptor necessary for installing my receiver.

Most people probably wouldn't place another similar order for years and would think their experience was a one off event. However, my aunt saw my posts on social media and decided to purchase a similar receiver for her son who leaves to go back to college this week. We made arrangements for my uncle to bring his vehicle over yesterday and I was going to install. Got everything setup and he brings the box in only for us to discover no invoice/receipt and no crux wiring interface. So this is now twice within a week that two separate orders had missing parts. When she called the person she spoke with was no very helpful and it took calling back until she got a different representative to get them to overnight the missing part.

I know this is two experiences out of probably hundreds over the last couple weeks, but they really need to figure out their warehouse procedures. Not very hard to require and invoice and check off each part of the order as its boxed. If you are thinking about ordering you may want to call and have a conversation.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Hopefully that's just an odd coincidence. I have placed countless orders through Crutchfield since the 90s. Not once did I have a damaged item, missing item, etc. I made such a large order once, that they sent me a free year subscription to Car & Driver :D

I know some of the free stuff needs to be requested, but the harness shouldn't be one of those items.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Hopefully that's just an odd coincidence. I have placed countless orders through Crutchfield since the 90s. Not once did I have a damaged item, missing item, etc. I made such a large order once, that they sent me a free year subscription to Car & Driver :D

I know some of the free stuff needs to be requested, but the harness shouldn't be one of those items.
Yeah take my experience with a grain of salt... but figured it was worth sharing because it seemed odd that two unconnected orders within a week would have the same issue. There should have been four items in the box and there was three, seems strange that with such a small amount of items they would miss them.

My customer service experience was much better, and my tech customer service was great about the adaptor. I would still order again, but I would call and explain what happened and ask that they put a note or something to double check before shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online