Crystal White owners........

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If there is virtually no body work I'd just re spray the whole car it's fairly cheap and crystal white is like cheapest color ever unlike rio red , chrome yellow etc .. With ur friends and connects I'm sure you can score a complete for a fair price . Panel painting can be ***** because paint fades like a mofo

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Respray whole thing.

Find a friend that is decent at spraying, the actual paint doesn't cost that much.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If there is virtually no body work I'd just re spray the whole car it's fairly cheap and crystal white is like cheapest color ever unlike rio red , chrome yellow etc .. With ur friends and connects I'm sure you can score a complete for a fair price . Panel painting can be ***** because paint fades like a mofo

kessler_point_up.jpg

Musturd is right on the money. Take it all down with 220, etch prime, high build prime, seal, basecoat, clearcoat.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Oh God, my worst nightmare! Mines begun in unseen places :(
I'm wondering too if I should I spot paint, panel or whole car. I really don't want to pay for paint :(

OP
OP
M

miss.mod.50

Reaction score

*insert homer simpson whine* lol thats what i was afraid of hearing..... now just weighing if cheap/complete/unwrecked car is worth it

5litrarag

Reaction score
Why? its a POS sixer with tan cloth that needs body work AND paint... And its not even all that cheap.... I'd pass.

OP
OP
M

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
Why? its a POS sixer with tan cloth that needs body work AND paint... And its not even all that cheap.... I'd pass.

Would be for an LS conversion. I get bored in the stands at the LSx series races....rumble class can be any body style :-D

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Guys idk what you mean by "spot paint" but there's a reason I've never heard of it. It's not done in shops which means it's a band-aid fix. There's only one way to go about fixing cracked/chipped/flaking paint and that's to sand it down, feather it out, and repsray it.

OP
OP
M

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
Guys idk what you mean by "spot paint" but there's a reason I've never heard of it. It's not done in shops which means it's a band-aid fix. There's only one way to go about fixing cracked/chipped/flaking paint and that's to sand it down, feather it out, and repsray it.

i guess by spot fix, i was meaning to just correct/repaint bad area instead of painting a whole body panel.... not just blasting over it with paint, but sanding the spot down first......that can be done, right? Like I said, I'm bodywork stupid....I had to google what etch prime and high build prime was :embarrassed:

you know of any other sn95 rollers under $1k here in the midwest? This one just stuck out because the interior & body is all there and hasnt been wrecked.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can message you on Facebook if I see something. What you're talking about with spot fixing will hide it until the rest starts flaking, could be a month of could be six months but you'd be chasing your tail since it won't stop spreading. You'd be better of respraying it, it's really not as bad as people think. I used to freak out about it too. Do it everyday and now I get to tell people it's not bad. Plus, white is almost impossible to screw up.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Somehow I missed the pics above, that's definitely a complete respray. All that cracked paint along with the chipped paint and got knows what else I can't see in the pics, respray without any doubt whatsoever.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
*insert homer simpson whine* lol thats what i was afraid of hearing..... now just weighing if cheap/complete/unwrecked car is worth it

Yea ear I know what your saying for sure .my cars been through so many stages in the past 4 years caved in 1/4 panel door and fender after my room mates girl friend put in a ditch with me in it . Now it's only my toy no sharing

Mustanger

Reaction score
sorry to say my 20 year old white paint is in perfect condition so far...I feel your pain though. i'd respray the whole car.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I am lucky to say I haven't experienced the downfalls of the factory crystal white paint as of yet. Personally I agree with everyone else and say just repaint the entire car.

OP
OP
M

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
well that was a bust.....went up there with the trailer and came home empty. If I poked at the pass side torque box, I'm pretty sure the control arm would have fallen down. It's too bad because rest of the car is perfect for what I want.

Lesson learned - when asking for pics, make sure to get BOTH sides of under the car

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online