Crystal White owners........

5litrarag

Reaction score
Not that I have seen... its not really a year thing...its a paint thing. The water-based formula the automakers (not just ford) were using back in the 90s had some sort of problem that would make it oxidize and then the clear peels away. My cobra has the same issue.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Just keep it clean and polished, garaged preferably and it should be fine for a long time. My GT doesnt have this problem but its been garaged about 90% of the time since I got it in 98. So it cleans up really nice. But my Cobra.... is another story. Bought it from a friend about 6 yrs ago and it was flawless when he had it, kept it polished and even though it lived outside it was fine except for a couple little spots where the clear was failing. But they werent obvious unless you were waxing the car. After he lost interest in the car and parked it on the side of his house, he stopped doing much of anything except turning the hose on it once in a while and thats when it really went bad. So now I have it and even though its in good condition inside the outside is dead and needs a respray.

wildman97

Reaction score
Mine has lived its entire life inside a garage and well taken care of. Here a pic after a wash and wax.
aa857de0-a47f-412f-b38b-8bf04509483c_zpsca8f7af3.jpg

5litrarag

Reaction score
Yeah yours will be fine I think. hahaha Gotta love a clean white one man.

Reaction score
Ya you can get your hands on some ppg paint and clear for pretty cheap because of the ZR paint code it is readily available from most places because it only has one or two toners in it. I would highly suggest a respray however, if you do a panel by panel repair your wasting your time and money best bet is to 320 the entire car fix any dings or dents and spray it. You cant go wrong with a new layer of makeup on the pony and if your feeling lucky you could always do a different color white....Idk maybe Oxford or a Pearl white that has a blue reflective property just to add a subtle touch to your mustang.

Reaction score
Also you need to realize etch primer is really good for bare metal but if you are just color sanding i would use some alternative primer. Etch primer has an acid in it that makes it bing with surfaces but what they don't tell you is that if you spray etch primer and it does not cure properly you will get to deal with oxidization and flaking paint again!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online