Crystal White Stallion Build Thread / Zero to Hero

Reaction score
Well here it is and its not much but it is mine and i become more proud of it every penny i spend on it.
I bought the car at 17 back in 2011 and it looked kinda funky anyways here are the few pics i have of the original car.

exterior

Well it took me a little while but i finally started doing some small mods to her.
interior
So then after i had the car for a few months i spent waaayyyy too much money on a set of fr500 american muscle wheels with falken tires. Also i bought a mach 1 chin splitter.

About a year or see after these pictures were taken i really got tired of the orange but did not have the money to paint the car so I made possibly one of the worst decisions i have ever made with this car and plastidipped it...

At last !!! about a year and a half ago i decided to shell out the dough and paint the stang back to its former glory and tada the crystal white stallion was born.

As it turns out i got kind of lazy during the paint process and left the splitter on and just said ehh it will look ok white. I bought some smoked raxiom projector headlamps and tinted the taillights to give the white a little bit more pop. Like fresh crystal white ford paint with three coats of clear needs help. i went through and blacked out my pony emblem and both side emblems just to give the car a sense of symmetry not until i pulled the tape off outside the booth did i realize.... WOW im really lazy and painted most of my splitter.

Shortly after this photo i had taken the splitter of and painted it and i was really liking the way my car was coming together.

now that i had all of this done i figured i was finally happy with the way my car looked.... Two days after this picture i was hit by a teenage girl who ran a red light while using pinterest on her phone. I am a gentleman in character however this made me want to smack a *****. Sorry for the language but completely necessary. At least i saw her coming and was able to somewhat dodge her 2002 diesel excursion.
She ended up clipping my front bumper before plowing into stopped traffic adjacent to us both. :mad: So the damage ended up 400 dollars away from totaling the car i had spent so much money and time on and if i had gotten the insurance company to include the wheels it would have totaled. So here's a picture or two of that. And the most badass rental a man could ask for....

I know, I know doesnt look too bad but it busted the radiator , broke the fans moved the passenger side a pillar back a quarter inch, cracked my spindle , broke off two studs on the wheel, ruined the bumper, foglights , stock air intake , front shock and lastly those brand new headlights i had just put in the car...

Here is the badass rental!

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
So my little endeavour today into the world of upholstery ended in horrible failure i mean it looked ok but not great so i got rid of it anyways i started with the center console lid which i just re-died not too long ago and some ugly green leather my mother gave me out of her upholstery gear.

It probably took me three hours total to come up with what i thought i wanted and i started sewing.

Then i took off the back plate and got it all tightened down and realized i had sewn about as straight as boomerang in a mandrel.

Not to mention i did not like the way it looked very much so i just wasted three hours today i guess.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks alot white95 i have a ton of mods to do writeups and such for still but i guess this was a good start for my first day on the site!

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I'm back at it , got bored and decided i would start fixing some stuff until i have the funds for a new motor :( my motor is just old and tired and when i say old... no one make fun or point fingers the car has 300k on it. I should start a go fund me...... its my daily and im a flat broke college kid so mods right now are pretty much zero but here is what i did today.
I decided that not having a backseat however convenient it may be to not haul around snot nosed brats just did not look good with my poorly home made delete.

so i pulled them out of hiding leather conditioned and proto coated them after a lil windex of course to get all the nasty cob webs and junk off them. Pulled the rear interior panels which used to be peanut butter and did a proper dye job on them instead of walmart rattle cans here is the before and after of those.

For it being cold out they did pretty well , i just stuck them in my climate controlled shed and cranked it up to like 130 degrees in there to get the paint nice and baked on later in the afternoon i started reassembly and man am i happy with the results.!!!!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Now that looks good. I like clean rear seats in our cars. By the way 300K miles is not a problem, my wife has a 99 f250 with the 5.4L and it has 300K miles on it. I just did valve seals on it (first bit of engine repairs, ever). Its her daily driver and she hauls around our kid too. Long story short, these are great engines and will last forever if they are taken care of. Now if you want the cheap route, go find a used pi engine with lower miles and swap it in. You can get them pretty cheap ~$200 to ~$800.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks DropTopPony its always nice when things do not look like i have touched them.... What you probably didn't notice is the thing on top of the seats the tabs on it were broken when i got the car and when i hit a bump it usually disconnects itself and tries to ride shotgun. Warrior as for your response i know, i know my dad tells me the same thing all the time btw die hard Ford man with some crazy cars. But the car just started leaking oil and it has me a little worried and here are the reasons i need a new motor.
1. MOAHHH POWWWAA
2. It just started leaking oil not much but enough to scare someone with an older car.
3. The motor has never been opened and when i say opened i have never even taken the valve covers off. So there is some witchcraft going on in there and i best not disturb it.
4. Like you said a motor swap may be cheap ( ANYONE WITH FREE 4.6L PARTS SEND THEM TO ME PLEASE!!!!!)
5. It is my daily and cannot be out of service for more than a few days

As for a motor if i found a junker do i have to be worried about bottom end parts? Because those bastards are expensive ie Pistons, Crank, Block honing and all that jazz or could i just put pi heads cams and intake after port work on one and be good to go.?

Todays project was door panels i finally got around to making some leather kick plates for the bottom of the doors granted they did not come out perfectly but they look better than that god awful carpet that was crusty and poorly painted. First i pulled the panels and you guessed it peanut butter origins with cheap wally world paint over top! So they looked like hell and heres the photos that do no justice to their awfulness.
Before paint

Working on the kick plates

After kick plate install and paint

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
[video]http://s12.photobucket.com/user/Duncan_Ingram/media/VIDEO0021_zpsmd2vbucr.mp4.html[/video]
Just an idle video of my car tonight since my car is so mysterious i recorded in the dark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online