Crystal White ZR Paint Defects

robb15033

Reaction score
My Ford ZR paint is now starting to peel. What have people done to remedy the defective paint? Did Ford ever compensate? What have you done to get it repaired or repainted?
-I'd like to know what others have done to rectify the situation. Where they got it repainted, Ford paint or aftermarket, I assume its now "Ultra White".?.
Thanks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I heard recently that it was because they didn't use primer on the white cars? Only way to fix it that I know is to strip it and re shoot it. You can shoot over the existing paint but there is a chance the new stuff will peel just the same.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Strip and re-shoot. I bought my crystal white cobra from a guy in California and it was a cali-car its whole life. I'm sure the so-cal sun didn't help much, but it has the same problem. Once I progress further on the build, a complete paint job is in order.

IMG_20130802_130818_104.jpg

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Oh lord my friend... how it was... and how i fixed it.. Id say consider yourself luck on how long yours lasted..

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hm ... still no problems here on the laser-red end of the spectrum ;)

i kid because i love.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
WOW, thanks for all the great info. I greatly appreciate it. Re-spray can be accomplished a few different ways, Im assuming. Is multiple layers of paint and clear coat provide an impressive finished product? or does a simple paint job give OE looking finish?
Thanks.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
In the same boat :( I hate you Ford! Money I could be spending on a blower.... that's actually what I was saving for and then this crap happens.
I might do a wrap. Ever consider that? Cheaper than a great paint job. From what I hear wrapping is legit.

lutter94

Reaction score
Teal paint doesn't flake off, but the clear coat sure did......Whole front end is bare paint, lookin pretty rough now. Needs paint bad, after a new hood......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online