custom chips

rob10s2

Reaction score
where did you guys get your custom chips burnt? im gonna need one in the future.

OP
OP
R

rob10s2

Reaction score
what about online? or is there anything around central illinois?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
rob10s2 said:
what about online? or is there anything around central illinois?

you got me on that one bud, maybe someone else will see this thread and can help you out :-\

ryclef331

Reaction score
DO NOT buy into the mail order chip tune. Its hit or miss and not worth the risk. I don't know of anything around you by Illinois but I'm sure there is something.

ryclef331

Reaction score
rob10s2 said:
What about this?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MVC-7777&N=700+115&autoview=sku
its summit, so it should be legit, but its kinda pricy
what do you guys think?

NO NO NO. I'd be very skeptical about ANY mail order chip. Letting someone tune your can without seeing it in person and how it reacts to changes is crap. Think about it. Why would a good shop run a dyno MULTIPLE TIMES to gain the most power out of your car. You're going to let someone take a crack at it ONE TIME without even seeing the car? No thanks. Why risk it?

Think about it....if you buy tuning software to tune your car yourself (like superchips custom tune, Aem, motec, etc.), they'll do the same thing these guys do. Talk to you on the phone, listen to your combo, and setup a tune. The DIFFERENCE is when the BIG companies like I listed above do this....it just a starting point for you. Its a safe tune to get your car running so you can get it to the dyno, track, or street...whereever you're going to tune it.

You're going to have to make a drive to get to a shop worth a shit I'm sure.

here is one in Naperville....judging by their twin turbo outlaw 10.5 "shop" car I'd say they MIGHT know wtf they are doing.

http://www.flp2win.com/

Anderson Ford Motorsports is in CLINTON, IL....that looks pretty central to me.

www.andersondfordmotorsport.com

Also you can go to Dynojet's website and find a complete list of facilities that have dynos state by state. Granted not all of them are ford tuning shops but its a start.

Check out chicagosvt.com or chicagolandmustang.com. Ask around there for any IL tuners. I'm sure there is one close enough to you to get your car there and taken care of. PLEASE stay away from a bullshit mail order tune. Just b/c its from summit, doesn't mean it'll be good for your car....remember....they also sell these.

amc-404138tlr_w_m.jpg

DDSTANG94

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
rob10s2 said:
What about this?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MVC-7777&N=700+115&autoview=sku
its summit, so it should be legit, but its kinda pricy
what do you guys think?

NO NO NO. I'd be very skeptical about ANY mail order chip. Letting someone tune your can without seeing it in person and how it reacts to changes is crap. Think about it. Why would a good shop run a dyno MULTIPLE TIMES to gain the most power out of your car. You're going to let someone take a crack at it ONE TIME without even seeing the car? No thanks. Why risk it?

Think about it....if you buy tuning software to tune your car yourself (like superchips custom tune, Aem, motec, etc.), they'll do the same thing these guys do. Talk to you on the phone, listen to your combo, and setup a tune. The DIFFERENCE is when the BIG companies like I listed above do this....it just a starting point for you. Its a safe tune to get your car running so you can get it to the dyno, track, or street...whereever you're going to tune it.

You're going to have to make a drive to get to a shop worth a shit I'm sure.

here is one in Naperville....judging by their twin turbo outlaw 10.5 "shop" car I'd say they MIGHT know wtf they are doing.

http://www.flp2win.com/

Anderson Ford Motorsports is in CLINTON, IL....that looks pretty central to me.

www.andersondfordmotorsport.com

Also you can go to Dynojet's website and find a complete list of facilities that have dynos state by state. Granted not all of them are ford tuning shops but its a start.

Check out chicagosvt.com or chicagolandmustang.com. Ask around there for any IL tuners. I'm sure there is one close enough to you to get your car there and taken care of. PLEASE stay away from a bullshit mail order tune. Just b/c its from summit, doesn't mean it'll be good for your car....remember....they also sell these.

amc-404138tlr_w_m.jpg

+ 1 for sure dont waste your money

OP
OP
R

rob10s2

Reaction score
thanks guys. theres actually one closer to me, in peoria, so ill go there :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online