Custom gauge pods

Anrev

Reaction score
One thing I think make or break a really clean interior in how well the gauges fit with the rest of the interior theme. So I decided to customize my gauge pod.

Im repainting all of the grey in my interior to better match the custom seats. And Ive always thought that on the 2 tone interiors it looked funny to have the benzel around the gauge pod black when the airbag on the passenger side was grey. So I painted mine to match. And as long as I was digging that far it might look nice to paint the gauge pod too. So I painted the surrounds around the gauges silver and the rest grey to match.

stangint07.jpg

I have several silver pony stickers so I stuck one on as well.

lrall

Reaction score
looks sick, how hard was it to pull it out and paint and such?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
looks pretty cool

i dont know about painting it but its pretty easy to get out after you figure out the headlight knob. just some screws and a couple harness and its out

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wow looks awesome anrev.. can you get some pics with it in the car? or is it not back in it yet? it definitely looks awesome and the paint looks super good to. awesome job, props to you.

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
I gotta finish painting the grey on the dash first but I will take pics when its in.

As far as taking it apart. Once you get the pod out of the dash you just unscrew the surround from the gauges. Then you have to CAREFULLY pry the clear plastic off. It is glued on with superglue. I was able to pry off most of it without TOO much cracking. But there were a couple of spots where I just had to cut it. A dremel with a cutoff wheel would work good too. You just have to have some patients and a steady hand. Once its off the just a matter of masking and painting.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i dont really like where the placement of the horse is, like a half an inch lower and the entire thing would look great

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i dont really like where the placement of the horse is, like a half an inch lower and the entire thing would look great

GOOD CALL!

stangint08.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
oh yeah, looks wayyy better with the pony dropped a bit down.. awesome work man!

94twinscrew

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
wow looks awesome anrev.. can you get some pics with it in the car? or is it not back in it yet? it definitely looks awesome and the paint looks super good to. awesome job, props to you.

Well while you're waiting for his,I can show you mine ;) I did this like 3 years ago and had it on the corral,first pic is the old interior with the cluster painted,center bezel,speaker and door handles painted black. The next are newer ones with a upr brushed stainless steel overlay in the cluster,along with the leater conversion.

308321014_8388d3af17.jpg

437593444_e95e4c0e88.jpg

437593448_f17d5d3787.jpg

437593464_95dd869fa1.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
thanks twinscrew.. lol sadly im at school though so i can't see the pics.. ahaha :rant:

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Damn that looks good everyone..

I think i might have to pull all mine out and start pullin the paint gun out :D

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
Thanks all! Twinscrew that looks really good. But you can see in this pic of yours what I was talking about with the benzel being black VS the airbag on the right being grey.

437593448_f17d5d3787.jpg

If you were to paint the benzel to match I think it would look sick!

Oh and if anyone was wondering, Im using SEM interior paint. It adheres to the plastic REALLY well and wont flake off because its flexable. Its the same stuff Ford uses.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Anrev said:
Thanks all! Twinscrew that looks really good. But you can see in this pic of yours what I was talking about with the benzel being black VS the airbag on the right being grey.

437593448_f17d5d3787.jpg

If you were to paint the benzel to match I think it would look sick!

Oh and if anyone was wondering, Im using SEM interior paint. It adheres to the plastic REALLY well and wont flake off because its flexable. Its the same stuff Ford uses.

Ya,I had tried that with a spare bezel,but took it out after a week.....I just couldn't get use to it,and it didn't grow on me :dunno:

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
Finished painting the interior panels and started reassembly.

stang15.jpg

stang16.jpg

I like how it all looks except that for some reason the steering wheel looks a different shade then the rest of the panels. And they were all painted with the same can. :mad: So Im not sure if Im going to leave it or not.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
looks good the steering wheel is a different shade cause its leaher, get a black fr500 steering wheel and maybe it will help y aout

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online