Custom SCT tune

skidude69

Reaction score
I am having a custom SCT tune 4 bank custom chip and dyno on my 94 GT tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to have them set or anything. I have CAI, 70mm BBK ported stock intake and heads, no smog or EGR, off road H, Magnaflow cat back, 180 therm, fluidyne radiator, and some other small standard items.

I have already though of having the fan on / off lowered to match the 180 stat.
The EGR system disabled (get rid of the EGR band-aid)
3 tunes one for daily 87 octane, 1 for 91+ and 1 to disable ignition.

Anything else?
Thanks!

rcjustin

Reaction score
Re: Custom SCT tune tomorrow!

how much power would u normally pickup on our cars from a tune? Average. on a somewhat stock car. Exhaust, cai, headers etc.

Reaction score

I would think like 10hp. I would not get a tuen, unless you put like a cam, heads, or a bigger MAF. Basis boltons will not alter anything on a virtually stock 5.0.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

take the money and buy an intake or some other bolt ons, you will be disapointed with your results just dyno it if you want to know the hp . dont waste money when you can put it elsewhere. I know from personal experience

OP
OP
S

skidude69

Reaction score

I am not worried about the money, the process didn’t cost me a dime. The horsepower numbers are ok, a good start for the rest of the plans on the car.

215 RWHP and 283 RWTRQ, we didn't do a base pull, we were short on time so I wanted to get right to the tune.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online