Customized My Taillights

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.
I never did clear coat them, I'll get to it.
I have a sequential turnsignal harness with delayed relay from Autotrix and I think it looks sharp when flashing.

lizwithfries

Reaction score
I think it looks clean, but I agree that it doesn't match the curves of the car. Good job trying to be different!

Kobeck

Reaction score
Have you thought about painting the area around the license plate too match???

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Have you thought about painting the area around the license plate too match???
Yeah, I think you mean the trunk deck lid. For about a minute I thought about a carbonfiber one or black with a Shinoda spoiler.-
-Only because it would match the wiper cowl I already have on the car. But I have not given it anymore thought in a while.
This is the wiper cowl I have:
101_0155.jpg

101_0167.jpg

See what I'm saying?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I remember seeing a CF license plate piece years ago that was custom piece. I want to skin my chin spoiler and spoiler with CF someday...

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I remember seeing a CF license plate piece years ago that was custom piece. I want to skin my chin spoiler and spoiler with CF someday...
Yeah, I know what you mean. FYI: If you have any CF needs for your Mustang at all, I recomend you contact "specialcarbonfiber" on e-bay. He responds to e-mails quickly and has beautiful pieces at the cheapest prices. You can do a "Seller Search" on e-bay and take a look at what he has. If its not posted (what you need) for sale you can e-mail him and ask. I think many of us here have purchased carbon fiber and regular plastic or fiberglass; whatever or plastic pieces are made of.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I already got a bland s281 spoiler from him. I almost got the CF one but I want all my CF pieces to match so I am going to skin them myself. Its not that hard, you could probably do it to the license plate cover if you wanted to.

If you are curious how its done just to a quick search for carbon fiber skinning video and they show how. Looks VERY similar to fiberglassing if you have done any.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I already got a bland s281 spoiler from him. I almost got the CF one but I want all my CF pieces to match so I am going to skin them myself. Its not that hard, you could probably do it to the license plate cover if you wanted to.

If you are curious how its done just to a quick search for carbon fiber skinning video and they show how. Looks VERY similar to fiberglassing if you have done any.
OK, I'll check that out. I know that guy on e-bay to make things right if you are not satisfied. Too bad that happened. He hooked me up with a beautifully done armrest for nothin before. I've sent some people his way to get things and sent him pics of my car to use if he wanted. I then got that nice piece for politely asking for some trade off. Oh well. Carbon Fiber might not be something to plaster all over Mustangs and look appropriate or appealing but I love starring at it in the sun and at dusk when I see it on a car somewhere.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I think it looks clean, but I agree that it doesn't match the curves of the car. Good job trying to be different!
I love your car. Everytime I scroll past the picture I stop and stare. Anybody tell me if I'm wrong but those wheels were made for lizwithfries and maybe no other SN95. That color paint is different somehow. I like it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love your car. Everytime I scroll past the picture I stop and stare. Anybody tell me if I'm wrong but those wheels were made for lizwithfries and maybe no other SN95. That color paint is different somehow. I like it.

I always wonder why the front end looks like its jacked up?

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Mine looks like that too where it (front wheel) is not centered but caster set towards the rear. But the springs you got are not low enough. The front is higher that the back. But anyway, Car looks brilliant.
See Mine Is The Same:
LoweringSpringsInstall009.jpg

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
I do like the straight lines, but I have never been a fan of black bezels on a car that's not black.
So you get 50/50

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I do like the straight lines, but I have never been a fan of black bezels on a car that's not black.
So you get 50/50
I get what your saying but I think anyone working with green gets a pass at any attempt to break things up and not look like a U.S. Army vehicle. Know what I'm sayin?
-Also the black theme works its way through the ass end with black Ford logo, letter inserts, 3rd brakelight, V6 emblem, bumper valance.... All blacked out.

lizwithfries

Reaction score

Wow, haha thanks so much! The car was being sold with Saleens, but the guy took off a grand from the price and threw on the GT4's. They've always been my favorite wheels.

Because it was sideways on a hill, it doesn't normally look like that.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
I get what your saying but I think anyone working with green gets a pass at any attempt to break things up and not look like a U.S. Army vehicle. Know what I'm sayin?
-Also the black theme works its way through the ass end with black Ford logo, letter inserts, 3rd brakelight, V6 emblem, bumper valance.... All blacked out.

100_0454.jpg

I feel ya.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
HEY! Look at that!! Your paint job still looks brilliant. Mine has 200K miles and no-one washed the car ever for the first 100K miles. I got to work it hard to pull off a decent looking shine.Thats cool to look at. I've never seen a Pacific Green Mustang in person yet.
Green- Not my first choice for color, or 2nd, 3rd, ...... but hey, it has grown on me. Its different, its mine. Anyone used to have a "Green Machine"? Remember those? They had two shift handles instead of a steering wheel if I remember correctly.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Looks pretty good...I've seen this done on New Edge's, and it follows the lines better.

mustangspartan

Reaction score
I think this would be perfect say you went and took about a 1/2 in some areas to 1 inch in others and follow the taillights curves but made them just a little more vertical looking.. Great idea and looks good..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.