Cut Outs

craned1020

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked, but who uses which cut out and why? I am looking to to this on my 97GT but want to be mindful of the neighbors when I come home later at night. Thanks for the info guys.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
What the heck....Ttocs hasnt latched onto this post? Strange.....

Anyhow, ttocs would be the guy around here to speak about cutouts

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will love them, and almost everyone around you will as well. I am having a brian fart and I can't remember the brand I have been happy with. give me a min....

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Heck i love them so much, i just skipped installing them and went for open exhaust shortly pass the X-pipe

331gt

Reaction score
QTP is the industry standard, IMO.
i had QTP on mine for years and was happy. They were stainless steel. got discolored but never any rust, and that was with more than one outing in chicagoland winters, unfortunately. the wing nuts they came with were fairly useless-i quickly replaced it with high quality bolts and nuts and it sealed just fine.this was back in like 2007 so maybe they use bolts now instead of wing nuts. my first bbk H rusted clean through, got a bassani SS X and didnt put the cutouts back on- i didnt want to cut into my brand new mid pipe and also, the sound was rather obnoxious, it was loud and only sounded good over 3500 rpm for the most part. it sounded mean though. i left them off not because i was disappointed with them at all, more so just wasnt in the mood for cut outs period anymore. if you're serious about them, id recommend spending the extra on the electric. it was a pain having to crawl around underneath all the time and i probably would have enjoying them more if i got the electric motors.

tvsn95

Reaction score
I have the Race Ready brand. they are made in Tx. they are electric and work well. been on car a long time. I use a single on the Turbo down pipe before the Y to the muffles. Lots of fun . Good for a HP bump also.
I have also installed, on a cust car ,some CHingchong from Ebay , they work well and look to be quite well made.

Subtlebeast

Reaction score
i have the DMH low profile on a X pipe on my 95. I bought them years ago and finally got them installed. I am not thrilled with the sound when they are open. They sound okay on idle, but I don't care for them when driving. Good thing is they don't leak at all, so I usually just keep them closed. It might be the placement on mine or I am just getting too old. My exhaust consists of 1 3/4 long tubes to 3" collector, 3" Dr Gas X, 3" Dynamax Ultraflow, and 3" tails. This is on a 347 c.i. pushrod.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have side exhaust and cut outs :) I actually have the cut outs set up so that they bypass the muffler but still exit out the same tips. I open them up at the 12 sec mark right before I downshift and get on it. Badlandz hpe is the brand I have

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online