Cutting FRPP C-Springs

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Ok, so I put the springs on and I dont like the rear ride height. I was told by several people that the rears can be cut because they have a portion of dead coil dedicated for that purpose. So my question is,.....where do I cut them? My springs didn't come with instructions on this so I am now calling on you, c spring owners, for info on this. I tried posting this on stangnet, but nobody seemed to know what c springs are, with the exception of one person, who I believe is a member of this site possibly :dunno:

Reaction score
Simple - just cut one full coil, no more. That should drop you about another 1/2". Don't cut anymore because it will compromise ride quality and don't use a welder to cut because extreme heat affects the spring rate.
Most eople use a powered cutting wheel or you can use a carbide hacksaw blade, but this will require some muscle and patience.
I just payed for my C springs and expect to get them in this week.

Addermk2

Reaction score
take some meat of the top, the bottom of the spring sits on the control arm and has a small ring... you dont wanna cut that

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yup the top 0.5" is all dead coil, so as soon as I go home to NJ, i'm introducing the springs to mr. hacksaw.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Start a new thread about it. You'll get more responses and faster ones at that.

wiplash

Reaction score
FEAST SN95 JPN said:
Kinda spring related! Will the Eibach drag launch kit (full) help lower our SN95?
No, will just improve launch, still looks like a 4x4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online