Cylinder test

Pony_Up302ci

Reaction score
OK. I just completed a cyclider test on my 94 5.0. Here are the results. All 8 cylinders were tested, but I only got 9 flashes on the first and 9 on the second then no more flashes. Is it possible to have 6 bad cycliders? Could it be 6 bad injectors. The car immediately stalls when I pull up to a red light or when trying to parallel park with the wheel turned all the way to the right or left. Fuel pump kicks on when in the run position. I will give all the codes after I decipher them. Both KOEO and KOER.

OP
OP
P

Pony_Up302ci

Reaction score
I got the following codes: 72-Insufficient Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow Change During Dynamic Response Test (O,R), 76-Insuffient Vane Air Flow Sensor Change During DRT(KOER), 542 and 556-Fuel Pump Circuit Failure(KOEO),36-System Indicates Lean At Idle(KOER). CEL comes on intermittently.

What I gather is that I have a bad MAF sensor and a damaged wire on the Fuel Pump circuit. The fuel pump can be heard when key is in the run position. Car runs when above 25MPH, but stalls when at a stop.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what has all been done to the car? A lot of people have problems with stalling while going to a stop and it could be number of things.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’m confused, you’re getting a 9 code which is good, then it repeats itself.

Yeah it looks like you’re on the right track with those code. Nows the time to start poking around under the hood.

OP
OP
P

Pony_Up302ci

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. The 2 nines represents that all cylinders are fine,. The second is a repeat of the first. I was under the impression that I would get 8 nines. Time to continue the detective work.

OP
OP
P

Pony_Up302ci

Reaction score
This whole problem started after finding that a rat had chewed through some wires. I spliced the wires to a new pigtail IAC pigtail, steam cleaned the engine and that's about the time I started having problems. I might have have damaged the MAF sensor after applying too much oil to my K&N air filter. Now that I think about it, maybe that damn rat chewed through wires that are not easily seen. If I ran new wire from the the battery, (power source), to fuse box, following everything in the Ford service manuals wiring diagram, I should discover the cause. I know it is a lot of work, but what else can I do at this point. I am also going to check the fuel pump relay tomorrow. I will post photos of what I discover.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
I believe what might be happening is a vacuum leak somewhere or one of the solenoids that control vacuum for emissions is not functioning. The stalling coming to a stop and when turning are symptoms of incorrect fuel/air mixture. When turning, an additional load is put on the engine by the power steering pump. Low rpm is when the highest vacuum is generated in the intake manifold and also where a vacuum leak impacts the greatest on the fuel/air mixture.

The steam cleaning may have removed some clinging fragments of wire insulation causing a circuit to finally short out or open.

OP
OP
P

Pony_Up302ci

Reaction score
I believe what might be happening is a vacuum leak somewhere or one of the solenoids that control vacuum for emissions is not functioning. The stalling coming to a stop and when turning are symptoms of incorrect fuel/air mixture. When turning, an additional load is put on the engine by the power steering pump. Low rpm is when the highest vacuum is generated in the intake manifold and also where a vacuum leak impacts the greatest on the fuel/air mixture.

The steam cleaning may have removed some clinging fragments of wire insulation causing a circuit to finally short out or open.
Thank you for your reply. I did a smoke test a few weeks back, but trying to do it on my own(cigar method) was negligible and you might be absolutely correct. I will do it properly this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online