OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: 67 Fastback - Dalamar style

Foster98GT said:
Yeah, Dalamar just let me know when you want to work on my car, Its yours buddy all you have to do is ask.

LOL - sure thing Foster!

ForcFed93

Reaction score

Dalamar said:
What engine combo did you and your bro work on?

355Ci Small block chevy, forged rotating assembly, custom comp turbo cam, CSU modified 650cfm Holley. We have a Precision T76 with a T4 exhaust mount. The only thing holding it back is the turbo manifolds, we should have made some headers, but we had the manifolds ready to use. His fuel system is a work of art. A1000 pump and filters -10 an line to the regulator and -8 an return line, dual feed from the regulator to carb. The fuel system can support about 1200hp. We've never actually dynoed it, but the truck has enough power at 10psi to smoke his 12.5 slicks through second gear. When the turbo spools it feels like a semi hits you in the rear at about 50mph. When you get close, I can give you some tips to building your fuel system. Whatever you do though, get a carb from CSU, if you try to use the stock carb you'll crush your floats in no time.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Sounds like a fun project.

I was looking at the Deamon 750 blow through.

I like the blow throuh design because you're not pressurizing the float and all that.

What is CSU - I'd like to look into it.

ForcFed93

Reaction score

http://csucarbs.com/index.html
Don't touch any so called supercharger carbs, they're made for draw through roots blowers. CSU may be expensive, but well worth it. Also, you can send in a carb you have to be modded for a lower price than buying one outright.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Haven't done much this month...

Did get the subframe done, all welded up - in the floor.

floorsubs1.jpg

subfloorweldoff.jpg

Then we added an external subframe - up to the K

subweld1.jpg

subfront.jpg

Subsweldoff.jpg

SonicStang

Reaction score
Awesome man! That's the project I dreamed of. Keep us updated!

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Where did you get that front suspension set up from? I like it, it looks alot better than the original shock towers. I love the room it gives you in the engine compartment. I may do somthing like that on my 66 coup if it is not to cost prohibitive.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Where did you get that front suspension set up from? I like it, it looks alot better than the original shock towers. I love the room it gives you in the engine compartment. I may do somthing like that on my 66 coup if it is not to cost prohibitive.

The front suspension I got from autoworks.cc - it's made by Rod & Custom Motorsports.
Great current design with the coil overs, current spindels for current wheels and brakes.
Steering & suspension geometry is all way better. I got the 2" spindel drop option too.
the older mustangs look bad ass slammed.

the wide open bay is very cool too.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Snakebit said:
have any idea of a completion date?
2007-ish

my big holdup is money...
just part of life I guess.

I know that feeling.

Thanks for the info on the front end. Opening up the engine bay like that is awsome. With a 1966 I am very restrickted as to what engine I can use. Open it up like that and the wallet is the limit not the room under the hood.

Did you get the whole set up #3? That seems to be the best way to go. I was going to do a disc conversion on my 66 Coup. That set up alone is about $1000.00 alone. For the extra $1500.00 it would be stupid not to do the rest of it.

http://parts.homestead.com/3.html

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i have complete respect for you man. after looking at these pics and specs you are doing it up right. amazing.

Peter

Reaction score
this is my first time seeing this thread on here and I cant belive the work you're going to do with that car, its simply amazing. Good luck with it all man.

I wish I had that kind of a setup at my house to work on cars.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Did you get the whole set up #3? That seems to be the best way to go. I was going to do a disc conversion on my 66 Coup. That set up alone is about $1000.00 alone. For the extra $1500.00 it would be stupid not to do the rest of it.

http://parts.homestead.com/3.html

Yes, that's the one I got, 2" drop, minus the brakes.
I'm going to put some eradispeed's on ther with big cal's.

I also really like how the K beefs up the whole front frame of the car too.

I agree - might as well do it right if you're gonna do it.

AZROUSH

Reaction score
JEFF: CHECK OUT MY SUB-FRAMES ON THE COBRA...POWDER COATED BLOOD RED, THEN WELDED ON...SVC DID A GOOD JOB. LOOKS AWSOME WHEN YOU LOOK UNDER THE CAR.

TODD

jpajkos

Reaction score
MIght I suggest the only other thing you need to do is make sure you have plenty of ice cold corona's in the fridge. They come in handy after all the welding. :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online