Dalamar's 67 Fastback build

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
really! ya know with the updated suspension, it doesn't need such a fat tire.

I think i'll look at an 18 in the back and 17 on the front.

thanks for the input.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
really! ya know with the updated suspension, it doesn't need such a fat tire.

I think i'll look at an 18 in the back and 17 on the front.

thanks for the input.

I love these style restorations. I'm assuming your going for the pro touring theme? If that's the case I don't think 20s are too big at all. In fact anything under 18" is just too small for my tastes on these cars. I think it would look real funny too if you put new technology and styling on the interior. I know this Obsidian is slammed but you've got to get big wheels!

P1010530.jpg

P1010522.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your input Red. YES I"m going for a custom street car. So I want bigger wheels. no bicycle tires... at lease 35's or taller.

The obsidian is a sweet custom fastback. in fact, I've been planning on putting 05 HL's in mine since last year, and they did it on that car.
It blends in great! (I Knew IT WOULD!!)
Here's a few more pix of bigger wheels on a fastback.

fastforeward.jpg

Eblack67back.jpg

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
The wheels on that black car are killer. If you're going to paint it gray black wheels with chrome lips would be my top choice.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Still not a big fan of the big wheels on the older cars. To me it just don't fit. But with mine I am not going for the total modern look. I want to keep the original apearance with the updated suspension and drive line.

Jeff are you getting the coil overs for the rear to? When they sent my parts, they sent me an updated catalog. It is a bolt in deal. If I have the cash left over I am going to get it.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Still not a big fan of the big wheels on the older cars. To me it just don't fit. But with mine I am not going for the total modern look. I want to keep the original apearance with the updated suspension and drive line.

Jeff are you getting the coil overs for the rear to? When they sent my parts, they sent me an updated catalog. It is a bolt in deal. If I have the cash left over I am going to get it.

I respect that Matt.

On mine I'm adding an IRS out of an 03 cobra with the MM coil over kit.

I havn't seen the Street/Rod rear coilover kit. do you have a link?

I think you should definatley do it, since the front is coilover, you'd want the rear to be adjustable as well. :thumb:

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i think the best looks would be 19's in rear and 18's in front if you SLAM it. if you still want reasonable ride height, i'd go with 18's rear/ 17's front.

on my 69 Mach restomod i bought 17" torque thrust II's, and afterwards i wished i went with 18's.

My dads eleanor has 17's wating to go on. he stayed 17's becasue he still wants some tire traction with the 700hp he'll be putting down, and anything bigger than 17's = no traction.

another wheel option could be bigger, billet magnum 500's. they make them in 18'd and 17's, and they look sweet

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the practical feedback 94Pro-5.0

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
i think the best looks would be 19's in rear and 18's in front if you SLAM it. if you still want reasonable ride height, i'd go with 18's rear/ 17's front.

on my 69 Mach restomod i bought 17" torque thrust II's, and afterwards i wished i went with 18's.

My dads eleanor has 17's wating to go on. he stayed 17's becasue he still wants some tire traction with the 700hp he'll be putting down, and anything bigger than 17's = no traction.

another wheel option could be bigger, billet magnum 500's. they make them in 18'd and 17's, and they look sweet

Isn't it the other way around??? Larger the wheel the more rotational mass so the more work it takes to turn one revolution. Wouldn't there then be less tirespin?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Probably more to do with the tire.

WHat you think 94Pro?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Jeff i would make sure and stay above 18in+ on all corners. I loved my 17's but the epic status was never there. Im not sure your car could pull off 20's. But 18's and 19's Very much so.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
KB said:
Jeff i would make sure and stay above 18in+ on all corners. I loved my 17's but the epic status was never there. Im not sure your car could pull off 20's. But 18's and 19's Very much so.

thanks for the input Paul.

Which wheel do you like?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
those might look good.
I'll have to do a chop to decide.

Wheels are a tough choice, especially when the car's not painted yet.
I may end up waiting to get the final wheels...

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Red said:
94Pro-5.0 said:

Isn't it the other way around??? Larger the wheel the more rotational mass so the more work it takes to turn one revolution. Wouldn't there then be less tirespin?
the reason i think you get less traction with 18's then you would with 17's is; If you run 17's you normally would have a larger sidewall of your tire, such as a 45 or even 40. if you go 18, most people put an even smaller sidewall tire on, such as 40 or 35. less side wall usually equals less traction

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
HOLY CRAO!!!

I'm calling these guys today!
NEMISIS has the styling that I really like.
I got this mag in the airport last week, and my jaw just dropped.

These guys have done about ALL of the styling changes that I've had in mind for the Fastback!! and more!
It's wierd!

Items I wanted to change:
Ducktail spoiler, but not as tall as the shelby piece.
agressive front scoup hood that's not too tall.
05 headlights!!!
wheel flairs and clean sideskirt,
one piece light cover - and theirs is CF! I like that.
AND a complete-looking and BAD ass FRONT END!! I hate the shelby front end, looks like an ice cream scoope.

this is so cool! now I don't have to build a frankenmustang and do it the expensive way!

Check out thise pics.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE their front end!!!!!

http://nemesismustang.com/The%20Nemesis.htm

N17.jpg

N32.jpg

N12.jpg

N14.jpg

07.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online