Damn check engine light

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well my check engine light keeps coming on...I got it checked and it was all o2 sensor crap..probably becuase I have long tubes...anyway I buy MIL eliminators..and it comes on again...I still have 4 codes...

p1000-OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete

p0136-O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2

p1151-Lack of HO2S-21 Switch, Sensor Indicates Lean

p1270- engine speed limiter reaches( does it really record that?) haha

I dont know if the 1st and 4th one matter, but the second and third one seem like it could be a o2 sensor gone bad?...or what?

st4ng07

Reaction score
Well since its the o2 sensor before the cat, it will make your car run alot worse and such. Maybe you have a vacuum leak?

jpajkos

Reaction score
I have long tubes as well and I get the code for my bank 1 sensor also. Change out your 02 with a new one. This is what im going to do. Hopefully it gets rid of the code. I never had this code before but it can also be the wiring to the o2. Were both fighting the good fight!!

blackfang

Reaction score
Longtubes will cause the upstream o2's to throw a lean code. it is caused by the movement of the sensor from where it was(closer up the piping to the engine) and a tune can handle this.

I ran into this issue with my LT's and after i bolted up the x pipe and everything, I got a lean code. loaded the new tune in and the cel went away.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
blackfang said:
Longtubes will cause the upstream o2's to throw a lean code. it is caused by the movement of the sensor from where it was(closer up the piping to the engine) and a tune can handle this.

I ran into this issue with my LT's and after i bolted up the x pipe and everything, I got a lean code. loaded the new tune in and the cel went away.

So do I need a xcal2 custom tune or what?...did you use a stock tune?...and I guess this is pretty much my only option...

and about that vacuum leak?..my brother told me my car sounds like it has a vacum leak....he said he can hear it or somehing?..is there anyway to check this?

G

GREG@SN95

what year is your car?

if you have a 94-95 its OBDI and you don't need the mil eliminators

Sounds like a bad O2 sensor to me...

I would say replace them all then rerun the codes see what that spits back out at ya

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
put some GT40 heads on your mod motor, no check engine light evarr again ::)

jpajkos

Reaction score
BlackFang could you help me out. I had my car tuned and thats when the code came up for the Bank 1 Sensor not heating up. I put brand new 02s on when I did my long tubes and had it tuned. Any useful info I cold tell me tuner? Reason I ask is because bank 1 is throw fuel to fatten it up cause a slight back fire or pop as you may say. It's bothering the shit out of me. Could it be a bad 02?

blackfang

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
BlackFang could you help me out. I had my car tuned and thats when the code came up for the Bank 1 Sensor not heating up. I put brand new 02s on when I did my long tubes and had it tuned. Any useful info I cold tell me tuner? Reason I ask is because bank 1 is throw fuel to fatten it up cause a slight back fire or pop as you may say. It's bothering the shit out of me. Could it be a bad 02?

If your car was running fine with Longtubes before the tune and you had it tuned by a tuner and this occurred, I would go back to your tuner and have him look at what he did. It could be a bad 02, but I wouldnt rule that out just yet.

I didnt have a stock tune before the LT's and just had it retuned for Longtubes and installed the tune after install. I would still check for a vacuum leak or better yet, the headers leaking. If they are leaking it introduces more air and will cause a lean code.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
what year is your car?

I would say replace them all then rerun the codes see what that spits back out at ya
\\

Its a 96..obd2 and id rather not spend 70 dollars on a o2 sensor if its gonna come back up lean...

G

GREG@SN95

justinschmidt1 said:
GREG@SN95 said:
what year is your car?

\\

Its a 96..obd2 and id rather not spend 70 dollars on a o2 sensor if its gonna come back up lean...

well i'll stick this one out it looks like blackfang has got it undercontrol... good luck with it...

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well here's the history of my car. I had stock manifold with bank 1 gasket blown. So it was pirating cold air into the intake cause the 02 to throw more fuel because of this air and try to fatt'n it up. I never got the code before. Im getting a P1151. It's still throwing fuel. Is there a way to rest this ? My tuner told me it could be the wiring to te 02 sensor. I never got this code before untill the long tubes however.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
put some GT40 heads on your mod motor, no check engine light evarr again ::)

haha...I hate 3.8forums..that place is a joke.

yeah, you are the joke pal..
why dont you take your negative comments back to 3.8 where they belong?..besides if your note helping theres no need to post here..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99