Damn, did this forum die?

Justang

Reaction score
ill do a write up when i do a headlight resto on my GFs car. does that count?

We have a headlight restore thread. I believe it's a sticky already, but that is exactly the type of thread I am talking about. Let everyone discuss the topic for a month, give pointers and/or walkthroughs to create a comprehensive guide to bringing headlights back to life. Then next month, we'll talk tire shine or something. Eventually we'll cover everything.

Boobies!!!!!!!!!!

I've always wondered how to make boobs look good. You should do a write-up on that.

my suggestion was to let the topics maintain a fluid form. instead of a thread being stuck on a single topic "hey my headlight doesnt work" then it dying once the problem is solved, the moderators allow the members to blabble, if they so choose.

this was struck down. the powers at be wanted to keep tech topics tech and lounge topics lounge, no deviation; with an iron fist.

now no one posts...

hell, they probably post but its in the wrong thread so it gets deleted. LOL.

the problem isnt really the site, its the subject... how much can we talk about S281 spoilers and a 1998 roush's 14 second quarter mile???
if you do a search, every question ever thought of has been answered on our cars. most of this info is on our forum. so... a simple point-and-click gets most of the information people need, no need to post.

If they dont search, they just ask the same questions. a prime example is in the 5.0 section now. "gas tank leaking" 99% of the members here knew it was the filler tube grommet before opening the thread. why post? why open the thread? when the regulars see a thread like this, if they do post, it normally consists of "do a search"

THEN, we get into banter. obviously the tech support side of the site is pretty well handled by the search button, so all we can talk about is random stuff... but we cant do that in tech threads, so that leaves just the lounge threads taht are readily getting used....

am i saying the sites bad? no.
the moderators are bad? no.
the cars are bad? no.
the users are bad? no.

its jsut the nature of the beast.

my suggestions:

put more user-oriented stuff on the site.
I.E: what are your favorite wheels on an SN95? whats your dream mustang? whats your favorite football team?
we used to have a calendar (do we still have it?) i liked that.
we used to have a ROTM (although voting was always a cry baby fest)
we used to have ...
and ...
and...

i think Matt is just a little busy with his real life to make this his top priority. and i dont blame him.

I'm not sure if you were saying my idea was good, or bad, or already proposed and shot down lol...

Seriously, they had that odometer gear article up as like Tech Article of the Month but it was really like Tech Article of the Decade. Use this site to take a look back at past homepages: http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://sn95forums.com

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well,

we dont exactly have alot of DIY threads to post on the front page.... if we did, that would take time to put up. time that the moderators may not have at this time.

we also dont do ROTM any longer. i dont mind. the problem was that the cars nominated belonged to non-active members. but tehres only XXX of us active members... so we cant vote the same car over and over...

I would like to see a more active front page, if nothing else. a DIY thread (whether it be old, or new.) a ROTM (whether it be a non-active member, or a bullit equipped OEM P.O.S.) and a poll (favorite football team.) At least it will keep the page looking "fresh." Perhaps, also a car news article "audi anounces it is coming out of the closet!"

In retrospect, SVTP has the same crap on their homepage forever too. that royal purple article has been up forever. the ecoboost article has been up forever... .. we arent the only ones dragging our feet!

Justang

Reaction score
I am actually the webmaster for my hockey team. Not only do I play and run the site, I am also in charge of tracking stats and stuff. I try to have a fresh news article every two weeks. It has been easy recently for the unfortunate fact that the hockey world has had a lot of deaths in the past few months.

Anyway, I would love to see a front page for the forums. Use this site to go through what our site has looked like in the past: http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://sn95forums.com

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I made some changes today, more will come, and yes a homepage with blog is in the near future! Good old wayback machine!

More changes will come, there are a few stupid things with vBulletin (like the editor not showing) which you have to turn on manually, im trying to find a way to force it on.

I did about 100 manual password resets, havent got any requests in a while so I think people are finally figuring it back out.

and yes I have been super busy.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
matt your doing a great job! dont be sorry because your busy, you just have a life and thats not a crime, ive seen forums with the owners on it daily and they were ran like shit.... so IMO you and the mods are doing a great job!

JRad405

Reaction score
I'm down with everything that's been going on. Ever since I found this site, I have been more active on here than another forum. This has 1. better discussions despite people saying it is dead, 2. people here are willing to just explain stuff instead of being lil biatches about it 3. the cars on here are a heck of a lot nicer to look at than the other forum

Oh and I just like how there is less bs. Though, I'm not sure if I really get this whole Handz thing.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm down with everything that's been going on. Ever since I found this site, I have been more active on here than another forum. This has 1. better discussions despite people saying it is dead, 2. people here are willing to just explain stuff instead of being lil biatches about it 3. the cars on here are a heck of a lot nicer to look at than the other forum

Oh and I just like how there is less bs. Though, I'm not sure if I really get this whole Handz thing.

this makes me el oh el.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
Vbulletin sucks but is necessary. I agree it has been pretty slow lately. I mainly lurk but truthfully got sick of the 5 or 6 people that got all the attention for nothing and no content.
bingo.

MadStang

Reaction score
Handz continued his douchebaggery, like always, and got kicked out of the office and lost his moderator status.

Since then, instead of continuing to post information on the only topic he has any expertise, (detailing) he has decided to whine like a little girl and now just posts about all the racing he is (not) doing.

So really, not much new.

Paul.

please dont, i like this site

these posts just made my day haha.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
mine too.

Girl_Whining.gif

Goldmember

Reaction score
The place is still rockin' just fine. Some of you newer guys weren't around for all the issues Matt was stuck with when the forum went down in 08. Now THAT one sucked

Justang

Reaction score
I spoke to a member two days ago who said he has no interest in even dealing with crossing over to the new style. He actually said the ugly ass default color scheme is enough for him to leave the site.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online