Damn Fuel Leak

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Topped off the car yesturday and the friggin filler neck is leaking. It looks like it is leaking from the hose between the tank and the neck. I need to fix this ASAP. I leave on saturday for Florida.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
dang man sorry to hear that.. isn't that a pretty tuff job? iono i remember somebody else had this problem a while back.. good luck with it.

97blackgt

Reaction score
mine was leaking at the rubber gromet where the filler neck goes into the tank. It not too bad to change..good luck

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
mine was leaking at the rubber gromet where the filler neck goes into the tank. It not too bad to change..good luck

Did you have to get the part from Ford or can you get it at a auto parts store?

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
dang man sorry to hear that.. isn't that a pretty tuff job? iono i remember somebody else had this problem a while back.. good luck with it.
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

I don't think it will be that big of a deal. I just need to run some gas out of it. I will post something in the how to section with pics of the job when I do it. This seems like it could be a fairly common problem. My problem is time, I don't have a whole lot of it right now.

97blackgt

Reaction score
i actually ordered the part online...i think it was like 20$ if i remember right...and the site was laurelmustang? or something
i would proably jjust go to ford and get the part..esp if ur in a hurry

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you cant get them from a local parts store, or at least thats what i was told...the same thing happened to me and it cost $170 or a shop to do it because i had to drive back home from college and didnt feel like doing it myself..but the actual part is either $19 or $29.

this is from when mine leaked...
gay002.jpg

97blackgt

Reaction score
sounds like they raped ya on the labor rate..but hey i guess if u got it fixed it was still worth it

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
sounds like they raped ya on the labor rate..but hey i guess if u got it fixed it was still worth it

well it takes a little while to drop the tank and put it back in...

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
what you going to gator ville for ???

I am going on company business. We are having our winter service meetings in Destin. I normally fly down, but this year I decided to drive. They expanded the meetings from 3 days to 5. Besides it is all expences paid.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
97blackgt said:

Mine is leaking nowhere near that bad. I only have a drip, it only leavs a small puddle. Not a pond.

97blackgt

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
97blackgt said:

2 bolts? :dunno:

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
WE replaced the seal where the neck goes in to the tank without dropping it in my buddies 97

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would think that all you need to do is pull out the filler neck, or slide it back. Not drop the tank. That is why I think my seal failed, from when I had the rear 1/4 panel repaired, they may have removed it, and not replaced the seal.

97blackgt

Reaction score
mine got ripped when the tank was dropped to change the fuel pump also...BTW did u get it fixed yet?

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
mine got ripped when the tank was dropped to change the fuel pump also...BTW did u get it fixed yet?

No not yet, I just picked up the new seal today. It cost $35.00. I will get it done Wednesday or Friday night.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Put my new seal in last night. I had to drop the damn tank. I will post up a quick how to, in the how to section.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.